GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
You tap into the rear speaker wires for the high level inputs. Other than that, the power wire can be connected to the same as the sub amp.

deliroast

Ok. I wasn't sure if you needed to run a separate power either. I pulled a power wire from factory amp on my other car. Was hoping it would be just as easy but that's still not bad. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbideDude

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say thanks to veedoubleme and everyone else who shared knowledge on this thread. I'm new :) Made installing a sub very easy and thanks to the pictures I didn't destroy anything!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
You're welcome. It's been about two and a half years since I put in the sub, and while I'm not on the forums here much anymore, I'm still quite happy with the sub setup. I'm glad people still find this thread useful. :)

The MK6 has about 1 year left in it before I swap out for something new (MK7 R, S4, S3, or something else AWD and faster).

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Lol. I'm more worried about where to put it. And if you can do it like the brz without cutting factory harness View attachment 43113

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a harness out there you can get to go between the HU and factory harness. it goes by ISO 976 harness.

Andrew

AbideDude

Ready to race!
You're welcome. It's been about two and a half years since I put in the sub, and while I'm not on the forums here much anymore, I'm still quite happy with the sub setup. I'm glad people still find this thread useful. :)

The MK6 has about 1 year left in it before I swap out for something new (MK7 R, S4, S3, or something else AWD and faster).

Yeah thanks again!

All great choices. I'm sure I'll be want AWD once winter hits. Mk7 R is looking very nice.

9nine9

Passed Driver's Ed
So if I have a remote for the LC2i and a remote for my JL amp, do I need both?
I'm thinking because they're both essentially gain controls I would just use the one later in the signal chain, so just JL amp remote. Sound right?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
So if I have a remote for the LC2i and a remote for my JL amp, do I need both?
I'm thinking because they're both essentially gain controls I would just use the one later in the signal chain, so just JL amp remote. Sound right?

Yes, just use the JL amp remote knob. :thumbsup:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Also, I'm sure it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but that knob is an attenuator, meaning it's for turning the volume down, not up. Set the JL remote knob at 3/4 full when you set everything up. That's where you'll keep it most of the time. You'll have a little bit of room to push it if you need (the last 1/4 up), and plenty of room to turn it down if you are listening to talk radio, sports, or oldies or something.

Paranhos

hi all,

great thread, this is what forums are meant for imho! I read most of it, but nevertheless I have 2 simple questions still:

- I have a Rockford RF-BLD (similar to L2Ci). The manual says that this should be as close as possible to the HU, yet I see most of these line converters installed in the trunk. Does this give any issues? Guess not?

- Is it correct if I get the High Level signal for the LOC straight from the RNS510 Dynaudio HU? Because I read somewhere that maybe it's better to tap the signal after the Dynaudio amp because of boosted signals etc, or does this become irrelevant with the LOC?

thx!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
hi all,

great thread, this is what forums are meant for imho! I read most of it, but nevertheless I have 2 simple questions still:

- I have a Rockford RF-BLD (similar to L2Ci). The manual says that this should be as close as possible to the HU, yet I see most of these line converters installed in the trunk. Does this give any issues? Guess not?

- Is it correct if I get the High Level signal for the LOC straight from the RNS510 Dynaudio HU? Because I read somewhere that maybe it's better to tap the signal after the Dynaudio amp because of boosted signals etc, or does this become irrelevant with the LOC?

thx!

No issues with the LC2i in the trunk. 3 years running, still sounds great! :happyanim:

You need to tap the high level after Dynaudio, or else you'll have no volume control. I tapped the rear speakers in the B column. There are pictures somewhere in this thread.

Any tips on shimming the passenger side foam to be even with the box?

Thanks!

If you go back to the early pages, I used a piece of 1/2" MDF under the passenger side foam. That lifted it up perfectly.