GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

clownish

just clowning around
If I understand properly - you're making the power but you felt like you weren't able to take advantage of it because the transmission was limiting what you put down?

My r32 is NA so I never noticed much of a powder boost but it certainly changed how the engagement points felt.

To be honest in my gti it didn't change how it felt in powder levels, just how the TCu behavior felt in the different modes. Disabling auto up and down shifts and showing what gear you're in no matter the mode is probably the most helpful things to me since you can control the cars behavior much better in M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
If I understand properly - you're making the power but you felt like you weren't able to take advantage of it because the transmission was limiting what you put down?

My r32 is NA so I never noticed much of a powder boost but it certainly changed how the engagement points felt.

To be honest in my gti it didn't change how it felt in powder levels, just how the TCu behavior felt in the different modes. Disabling auto up and down shifts and showing what gear you're in no matter the mode is probably the most helpful things to me since you can control the cars behavior much better in M.

That is correct. The TCU has its own failsafes that limits what it can put down. So once the tune overwrites this and increases the clutch pressures and torque limiter you can utilize the power better. It does clean up the behavior as well.

There's a lot of times I wished I went with a R32. Just the sound it makes and the fact it's NA is a nice touch.

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
Made an appointment to get the brakes check. I bled them last week and now the pedal periodically goes soft and/or to the floor. Tried a re-bleed in case there was a bubble with no luck. May try it one more time before I take it to the indy.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Made an appointment to get the brakes check. I bled them last week and now the pedal periodically goes soft and/or to the floor. Tried a re-bleed in case there was a bubble with no luck. May try it one more time before I take it to the indy.
Did you bed them in addition to bleeding the lines?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you bed them in addition to bleeding the lines?

I did. Rear pads were replaced. I've read a few threads where this has mysteriously happened to a few people. I hope it's an easy fix/diagnosis. One guy had a small crack in a brake line (not enough to drip fluid), another was a small leak near the booster.

I used a motive power bleeder and didn't do the clutch. Any thoughts on if the VCDS ABS bleed is needed?

Last edited:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'm washing bae's feet. Bitch has dirty feet.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I did. Rear pads were replaced. I've read a few threads where this has mysteriously happened to a few people. I hope it's an easy fix/diagnosis. One guy had a small crack in a brake line (not enough to drip fluid), another was a small leak near the booster.

I used a motive power bleeder and didn't do the clutch. Any thoughts on if the VCDS ABS bleed is needed?
When I did flush, pads, and rotors, we bled the clutch as well. Upon bedding when the pedal dropped to the floor i was scared out my mind. But hasnt happened since, which is why i asked.
Good luck in diagnosis

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
New Whiteline end links, Front stress bar, and boost gauge installed today via KMD Tuning. :D

SirClimax

Ready to race!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have issue with their TyrolSport brake stiff bushings not going into the caliper?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have issue with their TyrolSport brake stiff bushings not going into the caliper?

A couple of mine were a pain, had to use some sandpaper on the holes and a rubber mallet to tap it in gently.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
A couple of mine were a pain, had to use some sandpaper on the holes and a rubber mallet to tap it in gently.
I went to town on it with sandpaper and tried to use white lithium grease. No luck just have my oem in one side I'll try the rubber mallet tomorrow

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Country Dubs had a shop day in White Marsh, MD. Was a fun time, corn hole, food, shop tours, and a great atmosphere.
The R8 purred like a kitten! And quite a few big power builds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Still no luck with stiff kit. It doesn't make sense driver side goes right in and passenger side no. You can see where it stops after massaging with rubber mallet.