GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I personally enjoy battling it out for position with other like minded drivers at k1. Usually the group I go with talk before going out and it's more like a race than a "let's see who can get the fastest lap" thing. Of course you can only do that if everyone is in on it otherwise you're being a dick potentially to others.

The place I just went to the employees were egging on my buddies and I who were the only ones not being "bumper car fuck heads" lol and we still had shitty uneven karts.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
The parents were actually screaming to their kids as they went by, "Take him out!" And when one of theirs took my son's friend Trevor out, they all cheered.

They weren't exactly "classy" if you catch my drift. Ratty, crooked teeth, etc.... the kind of folks that like racing "for the crashes".

We complained after 2.5 events (2 full events we got taken out in the final, and were taken out in qualifying on the 3rd event) and the manager there reviewed our results and said, "Oh yeah, you're right!" and "talked to" the kids.

Didn't work, still aimed to take others out. We didn't bother going back.

Like I said.... I miss CIR :(

I haven't been to Buffalo Grove since the K1 takeover - but at Addison, the way the pits are arranged, you can't join the two tracks anymore.

I remember doing several 100 lap solo and 300 lap team events at CIR Buffalo, where they combined the tracks. Was so much fun.

CIR used to be a place for *racers* to go have fun. Now it's a place where idiots go to "play on the go karts". Might as well be Santa's Village.

Racing someone in a legit battle is killer - for 1st or last place.

Racing someone who you are CLEARLY faster than... but are down an insurmountable speed on the straights is NOT fun.
It's bumpy but fun.
CIR used to be full out classroom sessions with racing suits or so ive heard rumor of.

And yeah that kid racing league sounds like it went from a great idea to a nightmare overnight....certain adults still cant grasp racing etiquette ..
..This went on for a few laps.
@jay745

That new outdoor place Concept Haulers is supposed to be pretty good. Haven't been there personally yet but heard good things.

Lets go.

Also @jay745

courtesy of my gopro

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
lol @ saved pics. Definitely a guy I wanted to go talk to in the paddock after and ask him what his problem was. Decided against it having already knew the answer. Ego's get in the way, people drive in intermediate groups when they should be in novice. Me talking to the guy wasn't going to help anything, I know the mustang mentality all too well unfortunately.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
In4MeatKartz

MP Grand Prix > CIR > K1

I miss MP so much. I do want to try concept haulers and autobahn karts.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Chicago chat is still going strong! I was bored and thought I’d drop by, I have a inbox full of messages that the water pump how to is has dead images now that photobucket shit the bed.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Photobucket can get fucked for not allowing 3rd party hosting.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Chicago chat is still going strong! I was bored and thought I’d drop by, I have a inbox full of messages that the water pump how to is has dead images now that photobucket shit the bed.
Welcome back. Lot of OGs popping in lately.

Photobucket can get fucked for not allowing 3rd party hosting.

I agree 100%. A big FU to Shitbucket.
There is a work around though.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nk-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What kind of updates?

I want only the best updates, the very best. Updates so good that people are going to be talking about them for millions and millions and millions of years. I can promise you these updates are going to be so good that you'll forget about all other updates. When these updates get released, every person in the world is going to want to hear them.

Jaber

Modero
I want only the best updates, the very best. Updates so good that people are going to be talking about them for millions and millions and millions of years. I can promise you these updates are going to be so good that you'll forget about all other updates. When these updates get released, every person in the world is going to want to hear them.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Uhhh well, I left Illinois and moved to Boulder. Dumped my GTI because it wasn’t practical for moving people and equiptment through the mountains for skiing, biking, camping. I bought a 5th gen (current) 4Runner and I love that thing. I bought a new Polaris RZR XP1000. I left VW like a year and half after moving out there, moved to Audi for a couple years, then got recruited to the preproduction side working with prototype vehicles and technology. I’ve been doing that a few years now, I do a ton of traveling for work and I get a ton of time off. I have a pretty sweet gig, I mainly just deal with luxury and exotic lines from a certain automotive group. My son turns 2 next month, he’s been awesome, super relax and easy going. Real easy kid so far, he sleeps 11-12 hours straight through every night and he eats really well. We started little man in ski and snowboard school at 1.5 years, he loves it. I still have the MK6 Jetta, it still sucks - rodents ate the trans wiring harness a while back, that car barely gets driven but it’s paid off. I just finished remodeling the whole main floor of my house. Sand on finish red oak hard wood through the entire main level, gutted and redid the bathroom, painted everything, light fixtures, 5 1/4” baseboard, etc. it all started with an 11 foot tall ski lift as an entryway bench and kinda snowballed from there. I have a couple days on this work rotation left, I go home Friday for 4.5 weeks off which is perfect timing - ski season has sucked from not enough snow and it’s been dumping lately. And, uh.... I need to poop, and I’ll probably have ribs for lunch at this smoked bbq place here in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.