GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Depo Tails Today

JustinT

Ready to race!

Hey guys, just installed dark cherry Depo Tails today. Just wanted to show the difference from almost stock - now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie

Hey guys, just installed dark cherry Depo Tails today. Just wanted to show the difference from almost stock - now.

They look a million times better than the halogens and are definitely one of the more essential mods!
On a side note your car is like mine in the respect that the gap between tailgate and bumper/outer light is wider on the left than the right, I’m still not sure of the cause but think along with having fitted led tails it’s down to how the bumper is fitted as I had mine removed for paint recently.

JustinT

Ready to race!
They look a million times better than the halogens and are definitely one of the more essential mods!
On a side note your car is like mine in the respect that the gap between tailgate and bumper/outer light is wider on the left than the right, I’m still not sure of the cause but think along with having fitted led tails it’s down to how the bumper is fitted as I had mine removed for paint recently.

Thank you! But wow I didn’t think you’d notice the gap. But yes the left outter side has a larger gap than the right side(right side is perfect). My brother noticed my bumper sat a little lower itself on the left side.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Thank you! But wow I didn’t think you’d notice the gap. But yes the left outter side has a larger gap than the right side(right side is perfect). My brother noticed my bumper sat a little lower itself on the left side.

Sorry! But it’ll bug you now every time you see it! Particularly seeing that the tailgate sits flush with the quarter panels perfectly.

JustinT

Ready to race!
Sorry! But it’ll bug you now every time you see it! Particularly seeing that the tailgate sits flush with the quarter panels perfectly.

Hahah definitely, hopefully I get over it

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you will get over it in a couple days. I did. Assuming your not OCD or something... but if you were you probably would have still been playing with them instead of posting pics.

They look good imo only certain people looking for the gap will notice the gap anyone else will just be like "Hey cool taillights!"

JustinT

Ready to race!
you will get over it in a couple days. I did. Assuming your not OCD or something... but if you were you probably would have still been playing with them instead of posting pics.

They look good imo only certain people looking for the gap will notice the gap anyone else will just be like "Hey cool taillights!"

I noticed them, I’m kind of picky with making everything clean. But, I’m not over the top and don’t really notice them. Still looks amazing. Hard to tell really

vex

Passed Driver's Ed
This is one of the things at the top of my list to get. Mind sharing where you got them from? PM me if that's better.

milfdoer

Passed Driver's Ed
Lights look sick! Is that the Maxton diffuser? Makes the car look more aggressive.

By the way, just to be clear, the reason for the gap is because of the the tail lights right? Is it cause they're aftermarket or will getting the OEM lights have the same issue? I do suffer from OCD so I just want to make sure for future reference. Thanks lol

JustinT

Ready to race!
This is one of the things at the top of my list to get. Mind sharing where you got them from? PM me if that's better.

I got them from opdparts.com
One Perfect Dose, most people get their reps from here. It took about a week to get from Cali-NJ. Definitely worth it! Let me know if you have any other questions!

JustinT

Ready to race!
Lights look sick! Is that the Maxton diffuser? Makes the car look more aggressive.

By the way, just to be clear, the reason for the gap is because of the the tail lights right? Is it cause they're aftermarket or will getting the OEM lights have the same issue? I do suffer from OCD so I just want to make sure for future reference. Thanks lol

Thank you! It is the Maxton Rear Diffuser, but the gap is because of my aftermarket tails. But, the left tail has always had a bigger space than the right even with stock halogens.
The OEM’s definitely fit better, but at a much higher cost. I personally don’t see the gap much, and are pretty exaggerated with pictures. In person, I hardly notice a gap unless I look for it and bend down. It really comes down to how picky you are.

milfdoer

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd probably look at it constantly if I knew it was there lol

One last question, do these throw a code on your dash?

JustinT

Ready to race!
I'd probably look at it constantly if I knew it was there lol

One last question, do these throw a code on your dash?

If you want, PM me your number and I could text you pictures of the tails installed/whatever else you’d like to know.
But these tails come with resistors that you connect to each light to prevent a code from showing on the dash. You can also stray away from the resistors and code with vagcom.