GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold runner flaps stuck

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
My mom's 2011 CC is having the classic intake manifold issue, and it has 85K miles on it, so no powertrain warranty or aftermarket extended warranty. I know this car has the same engine as the GTI, but I'm wondering whether the extended warranty to 10 years/120K miles is specific to the GTI or if it's an engine-wide warranty (wouldnt be surprised if they tried to pull some bullshit like that). Anyone know?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Just got the call back and they confirmed it's covered. Of course tried to upsell me on their seafoam carbon cleaning, told em nah

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just got the call back and they confirmed it's covered. Of course tried to upsell me on their seafoam carbon cleaning, told em nah

With 83k miles a cleaning may not be a bad idea, especially if it hasn't been done before and the price should be much better since they have the manifold off already.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
That's why I said no. If they offered walnut blasting I would've done it for the savings.

Can they do walnut blasting at all?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^
Yeah, or a manual cleaning...now would be the time to have them do it. If not, it'll cost more later on and/or the car could run like crap

Another idea...find a different dealer that will clean the valves properly & have them replace the manifold (under warranty). Under warranty is under warranty, any dealer will cover/do it

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just tell them you want a quote on manual cleaning given that most of the labor is under warranty. I would assume all dealerships can do manually cleaning but maybe not walnut blasting. I had mine manually cleaned when I replaced the intake manifold under warranty and paid aroud $180. Also request before/after pics of the cleaning.

adema69

Ready to race!
With the manifold off they probably use seafoam to clean the valves. you should as if they are gonna actually clean the valves. when i had my manifold replaced they charged me 100 to do it .