GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Nobody cares until it happens to them and it affects them personally. Otherwise, the attitude is go pound sand. It’s like any other public issue, taxes, welfare etc. So, the only way it gets resolved is once enough people are personally affected by it and takes a majority politically. Like people that don’t live in a fracking zone want their cheap energy an could give two shits if the people that live near fracking can light their tap water on fire.

I think this is partially true. I think "nobody cares until it happens to them" is a little too vague. Just cause I don't have a child in an affected school doesn't mean that I don't care about innocent lives being lost. If my child was gunned down in a school I wouldn't be screaming to take guns, I'd be beyond pissed at whoever let the shooter walk in unchallenged with a loaded weapon.

These issues affect law abiding gun owners and the victims. It doesn't help either of those groups unfortunately. Law abiding gun owners lose their self defense and the new laws don't protect innocent lives. They need to come up with policy that will actually help, not just disarm.

Last edited:

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Inner city schools have metal detectors and armed police. Are the suburbs "too good" for that kind of protection?

Mehhh idk it's a weird topic I guess. I'm not trying to start anything and I'm not asking anyone in particular lol just venting I guess.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I think this is partially true. I think "nobody cares until it happens to them" is a little too vague. Just cause I don't have a child in an affected school doesn't mean that I don't care about innocent lives being lost. If my child was gunned down in a school I wouldn't be screaming to take guns, I'd be beyond pissed at whoever let the shooter walk in unchallenged with a loaded weapon.

These issues affect law abiding gun owners and the victims. It doesn't help either of those groups unfortunately. Law abiding gun owners lose their self defense and the new laws don't protect innocent lives.

Not saying you don’t care. Nor am I saying to enact stricter laws. I don’t know what the answer is. Just simply stating that nothing will change in this country until it affects enough people to change the majority opinion.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Not saying you don’t care. Nor am I saying to enact stricter laws. I don’t know what the answer is. Just simply stating that nothing will change in this country until it affects enough people to change the majority opinion.

No, I know, it wasn't personal at all. You're right about that for sure. That's what kinda scares me though, the majority is fueled off emotion and that's tough when talking policy reform.

What you're saying is very obvious with all the recent stuff.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yep I've had the soap bar in my mouth before.

I've also spent many a nights sobbing at the dinner table, hours after dinner was "over", choking down cold dinner one bite at a time.

My parents favorite saying about dinner was, "You're going to eat it, or you're going to wear it."

I always ate it. My little sister "wore" it once or twice. She was a lot more defiant than I was.

I have a trucker mouth as an adult and neither of my P's seem to mind - BUT - I still, do this day, will not talk back or give them attitude.

Yeah I don't get it either. Personally if I had those issues, the guns would be relocated outside the home to an undisclosed location until they were resolved.

IMO there is a point where you can't really hold the parents 100% responsible for their kids actions.... I'd do everything I could to prevent the kid from pulling some kind of shit that would land us all on the 10:00 news.
lol at your sister wearing her food

a lot of bad parenting out there nowadays
I got spanked with a boat oar one time growing up. It is a vivid memory and I'm 30. The dang thing is still in our house.

I don't cross my mother and she's a tiny petite woman. Not out of fear. Out of respect. She was almost mother and father because my dad - to this day - travels about 350 out of 365 days of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same yeah^

good respect is good
In all honesty, I was not the best kid. My parents also made me sit at the dinner table until I finished my food which sometimes meant I sat there all night. I absolutely hated ketchup and mustard, I remember they used to make this disgusting meatloaf once a week and would literally marinade the shit in ketchup and mustard, then spread it all over the outside of it. I'd ask if they could keep a small section without the ketchup and mustard on it because it tasted like poison to me but they wouldn't do it. I guess they were trying to teach me some sort of lesson or something about eating what you're given, Seemed still like such a small request that wouldn't add any time or effort to the food prep. I dunno it irks me as an adult sometimes still. My parents aren't very educated people though unfortunately, they did the best they could.

I used to get in trouble for my room being messy or me half-ass cleaning it. Came home more than a few times to all of my belongings out on the front lawn. All of the neighborhood kids would be laughing at me riding their bikes past my house while I was out there bringing all my stuff back inside. That part definitely sucked, took a few times but eventually I learned my lesson... I guess. I became a minimalist as a child because it was easier for me to keep things clean if I didn't have anything. Then my parents took me to therapy because they thought something was wrong with me. Well duh, I was depressed. I thought I was doing what they wanted, I was keeping my room clean the only way that made sense to me. If I had a ton of shit then I'd play with it and mess it all up so I just stopped doing that and then all of the sudden there's something wrong with me. DAFUQ.

I'm not having kids because of how I was raised. I'd prob be a bad parent because that's how I grew up. Even though I've far exceeded where my parents left off and generally learned how to act as an adult by doing the opposite of what they did. It's worked out for me, definitely don't want to risk putting a kid through the same though so I'm going to pass on the procreating part of life.
rough childhood can lead to a strong adulthood yeah
Yeah, I think in extreme cases, having the firearms relocated somewhere else, would be the best option. Unless you have a big expensive safe (thousand$$$), the ones that typically cost in the hundreds won't stop someone who is determined. More so if they can take their sweet time inside the house.

As for SRO, I think it's a good idea to have an officer armed in or around the school at all times. Even if it's just one person. Sadly this person will have to face reality that one day, he or she will have to step up and not puss out, like Coward County. And that there's a high chance the shooter(s) will come after the SRO first, to eliminate any possible resistance. In the Dixon, IL school shooting, the shooter went after the SRO first, but SRO won and put the kid down. So they should require extra training and hit the range more than once a year. My BIL used to work as security supervisor for some University in VA. When he asked his superiors about active shooter training and procedures, they pretty much shrugged. And these security officers were being paid peanuts, so you get what you pay for.

In my first high school, CPD could barely control gang bangers. We had officers (undercover) patrolling outside all of the time. Drive-bys, stabbings and shanking didn't stop. I remember Sophomore year during math class, we heard a loud crash and two gangs were playing demolition derby outside. When the narcs pulled up to the scene within seconds, everyone in both vehicles scrammed and all the sudden they were one team, working together to escape from the po po :lol: Since our school had metal detectors/wands, there really wasn't much action inside. All of the big incidents happened outside.
good point
Oh dang. Hoping the weather stays nice this weekend, want to clean the cars. Tomorrow helping the old man do his brakes.
track pads? iono
People assume that schools are safe zones and that they shouldn't have to have security measures. How idiotic does that sound? If a child can walk up to a school and gain access while holding a fucking shotgun, is the problem the gun or peoples lack of awareness? I hate this discussion because there is no answer/solution, but please they need to stop coming after our guns.

"OMG another school shooting. America how many more need to die before gun control" *sob sob sob*

Apparently not many more because they've been trying gun control for years. Some states are more restricted than others and till this day a "Gun Free Zone" sign hasn't stopped a mass shooting. Disarming the public hasn't stopped a mass shooting. Making it harder to purchase firearms and accessories hasn't stopped mass shootings.

With more guns than people how is banning "assault weapons" at this stage going to help stop mass shootings? I mean what happened at Columbine? DURING THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN. Thanks Bill, ya really helped out on that one.

I hate humans. RIP.
- the term assault rifle bothers me
- assault style even more so
- also fully semi automatic
- military grade

if i have a pen on my desk and i throw it at frank, it does not make it an assault pen. /rant

What irks me the most is people who know nothing about guns ranting about banning them. "assault rifle" to an actual guy owner means a sporting rifle with a pistol style grip. you can convert a glock into a rifle and media would call it an assault rifle.

I find it funny a good majority of gun ban activists dont realize youre everyday handgun is also a semi automatic and can carry 30 rounds.

Sure you could argue an ar15s round is bigger but to that id argue an FN 5.7.
Frank for president of the world!
yeah pretty much this
There can never be a real debate on gun control because there's too much misinformation and lack of education on the subject. It is fueled heavily by emotion. Sad.
^basically this

"noone needs to shoot that many bullets that fast"...yeah and noone needs a porsche gt3 RS track car...its a hobby for people.
Mine was 8.52 ordered the same damn thing lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
did you get the updog on the side? cost extra
If you'd like to support my campaign I'll be posting the link shortly.
"Together, we can make America free again"
*This message endorsed by Frank and his associates*
lol at political slogans, so open ended

GW BUSH campaign slogan..
"Yes, America Can"

to which my elementary teacher would correct me and say..."yes you can...but may you?" :iono:
I'm just glad the AR-15 takes all the shit lol I'll keep shooting my AK guilt free.
If you show anti-gun people a 223/556 and a 7.62x39 I bet they'd leave the AR alone and come after the big bad AK lol

Hilarious you said this^

Main reason im looking to buy an AK...media hasnt found out about those yet. Round is larger yes.

PM deets on whats your ak setup thanks

O wow good thread title.
feels overplayed, i already won the mt argument

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
No, I know, it wasn't personal at all. You're right about that for sure. That's what kinda scares me though, the majority is fueled off emotion and that's tough when talking policy reform.

What you're saying is very obvious with all the recent stuff.

The scary part is I don’t think there is a policy answer. It’s a society issue in my eyes. Poor parenting, poverty, poor social skills, technology, desensitization. People are numb emotionally these days. Life has no worth. People value things more than experiences. Keeping up with the Jones’s etc.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yeah and noone needs a porsche gt3 RS track car...

Correction: I actually do need one.

feels overplayed, i already won the mt argument

Jaber

Modero
The scary part is I don’t think there is a policy answer. It’s a society issue in my eyes. Poor parenting, poverty, poor social skills, technology, desensitization. People are numb emotionally these days. Life has no worth. People value things more than experiences. Keeping up with the Jones’s etc.

Add poor staff to that list.

"THEY EMOTIONALLY BULLIED HIM" Dustin Severin, a student at Santa Fe High School said that the suspected school shooter was "picked on" by kids and coaches at school. "I never thought he would just snap and shoot up the school. He didn't seem like he was a hateful person." The suspected shooter was a member of the junior Varsity football team---and he wore a "trench coat and army boots" to school this morning.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
if i have a pen on my desk and i throw it at frank, it does not make it an assault pen. /rant

Depends. Was it a black pen? If so then it's an assault pen.

If it's white, it's a racist pen.

Better just throw the blue one. Should be home free then.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OH WOW YEAH.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Most people calling for ban just think less available weapons equals less weapon usable.
Most people supporting guns reference some document they only know 6% of.

Both of these are grossly simplified though.
You mean I don't respawn when the round ends?
didnt know you sports'd

back in my day the kids that got bullied are now laughing with joy in their gt3 rs's :iono:
You either cool as a kid or cool as adult

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
mental health.. its a huge huge huge dark cloud issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.