GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fiesta ST beats BRZ around track

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
And regardless, that's what Toyobaru decided to equip the cars with from the Factory and the Ford beat it, all while being cheaper and more practical. Don't get me wrong, I like the Toyobaru a lot, but it isn't particularly quick stock, straight line or otherwise.

I'm not sure I buy the more practical bit. Unless the ST offers some changes the rear seats do not fold flat which eats into the utility advantage the Fiesta might have.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure I buy the more practical bit. Unless the ST offers some changes the rear seats do not fold flat which eats into the utility advantage the Fiesta might have.

Have you been in a Toyobaru? It's about as practical as a Miata, but with the addition of a place for your wife's purse behind the front seats. But the Miata kinda has that too actually.....

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pretty sure the "Prius tires" are actually from some "higher performance" version of the Prius only sold in Japan, not the same as the rubber on a US Prius.

And regardless, that's what Toyobaru decided to equip the cars with from the Factory and the Ford beat it, all while being cheaper and more practical. Don't get me wrong, I like the Toyobaru a lot, but it isn't particularly quick stock, straight line or otherwise.

But it's a better car for the true handling enthusiast :lol:

Well thats the same problem with GTI though isn't it? You can only get A/S tire for it and it keeps pulling bad numbers in road tests?

Given good tires they are pretty quick on autoX course, considering I've seen enough of them running prepped STX RX-8 time with basically just summer tires...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ OH SNAP.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
So the stock AS Pirelli tires on the GTI are pretty much the same as the AS tires that come standard on a Corolla or Camry?

Two different classes of vehicle, which denotes two different tread pattern A/S tires and with that category, technically speaking, being the largest spectrum for tire manufacturers that's Macintosh and Granny Smith lol.. For what it's worth, I really like the BRZ/FRS and have yet to have even seen a Fiesta ST. For it to not only hold it's own upon initial debut, but one up the "revitalization" of the budget RWD sports coupé is quite hilarious.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
I think the Fiesta ST is a pretty sweet little hatch, the rear wheel lifting off the ground is cool and the FT86 looks nice from the outside.

nik

Go Kart Champion
I bet there are a quite a few Toyobaru owners out there that just shed a tear or two because their car just got served by a fiesta.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Two different classes of vehicle, which denotes two different tread pattern A/S tires and with that category, technically speaking, being the largest spectrum for tire manufacturers that's Macintosh and Granny Smith lol.. For what it's worth, I really like the BRZ/FRS and have yet to have even seen a Fiesta ST. For it to not only hold it's own upon initial debut, but one up the "revitalization" of the budget RWD sports coupé is quite hilarious.

I'll have soon driven both, but I really like the "BRS" and what I see in the Fiesta ST. I feel like they made a mistake making a nice affordable sports car and not equiping it with decent tires and not getting a bit more power out of it. Fiesta ST is about $7-9k less than "FRZ"... So the RWD and slower times costs you 30% more :eek:

I could still see myself buying an FRS at some point though.. I wouldn't mind owning either of these cars.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
it's the guy that hated the FRS from another comparo and liked the front wheel drive GTI? he gets excited with the fiesta and not the FRS.