GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems After Going Stage 2

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Saturday night the day after I got my car back I go to get into my car saturday night (after driving it all day friday & saturday afternoon) and I've got a check engine light. Car runs great but now I've got a check engine light :confused: , So I used the apr fault code erase option to erase it? and then comes back on again this morning :confused: , Is this car turning into a money pit???? :iono::(

Does anybody in Sonoma or Marin County have a vag com??

Wait, we skipped a step. Did you replace the stock turbo? The tuner said the turbo failing was your fault (with a nut in the DV I can see that being logical reached since you did install yourself but still no idea where it would come from) and you couldn't warranty it, which I still would have tried, and then you post about getting it back and there's a light. :D

BTW - I agree, if my turbo dies I'll be damned if I am going to replace it with another IHI, perfect excuse to go K04.

As to the code, without knowing WHAT it is there is no way to give an answer. It could be anything.

EDIT: Didn't see that we had multiple threads on this. I know it's "urgent", or was, but still, it's hard to read/find 3 or more threads to get all the info.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43324

Last edited: