GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Been thinking bout sway bars lately. Torn on rear or front tho. And after seeing the installation for the front...yikes. Probably not as bad as it looks. What would be the pro v con on front vs rear sb though?

do both, because racecar. just do the front right meow, and the rear next.

can also do the soundaktor delete for free.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
I have a sway bar question for y'all

What would be the trade off between the 26 and 28mm H&R front bar?

I own a TDi and the CBAA engine is obviously heavier than the GTi TSi

So, should one consider the 28, or is the 26 going to be sufficient?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I have a sway bar question for y'all

What would be the trade off between the 26 and 28mm H&R front bar?

I own a TDi and the CBAA engine is obviously heavier than the GTi TSi

So, should one consider the 28, or is the 26 going to be sufficient?
The bigger the front bar the more understeer you introduce the bigger the rear sway bar the more oversteer you introduce you want balance. The 22 rsb and 26 fsb are popular dd combo as is 24/28 for stiffer track cornering.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nah. They aren’t even screws lol. Just pull on it. They pop into two holes that are in the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait wait wait. I thought the wrong thing lol. Mine is dangling too. Lol

bruce_lafleur

ok this might be the stupidest thing on here..

Changing the oil on my mk6 gti, have a brand new OEM VW oil filter to replace the STP 10600 I had put in. when i unscrew the STP to put the new one in, I notice I need a FEMALE (?) oil filter?

I have 2 filters in my shop and they're all MALE (see attached pic). the only thing it seems will fit is a FEMALE one. is this normal? am I crazy?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
ok this might be the stupidest thing on here..

Changing the oil on my mk6 gti, have a brand new OEM VW oil filter to replace the STP 10600 I had put in. when i unscrew the STP to put the new one in, I notice I need a FEMALE (?) oil filter?

I have 2 filters in my shop and they're all MALE (see attached pic). the only thing it seems will fit is a FEMALE one. is this normal? am I crazy?

It's easy to unscrew the piece that the filter screws into. See if you have another part on your old filter that you shouldn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
get a good pair of pliers and unscrew the male part left behind. i've had this happen before. a pain in the ass for sure, i think the time prior i didnt put enough oil around the gasket to ensure it wouldn't bake on like yours may have.

Phur

Autocross Champion
This is what I found the first time I changed the oil on this car. [emoji849]
I thought the same thing at first.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I wrapped a piece of rubber gasket material around the threads to protect them and used a pair of channel-locks to get them apart. I keep the gasket material around for just this reason. Things love to get weird.