GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window wont auto up.

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
My drivers side window will auto down no problem, but not back up. I've tried resetting it by holding it down for 10 sec, and then up for 10 sec. Still doesnt work. All other window operate completely normal. Would it be the switch at that point? Or something electrical?

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok cool. Guess I'll be picking one up. Crazy how at 55k it already failed... I love this car, but they certainly have their problems lol

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
My drivers side window switch went wonky at 36,000 miles. Fixed under the CPO warranty. Seems these switches don't last very long.

Crusader10143

Passed Driver's Ed
I replaced my drivers side window switch 3 times in a span of one year. The first two times water got onto the switch and must of shorted something out. I also went with cheap switches the first two and went with a better more expensive one the 3rd time and this one seems to be holding up pretty well so far.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I replaced my drivers side window switch 3 times in a span of one year. The first two times water got onto the switch and must of shorted something out. I also went with cheap switches the first two and went with a better more expensive one the 3rd time and this one seems to be holding up pretty well so far.

Mine went bad around 35k miles. I also suspect it was water though. It's crazy however that they did not insulate them better to prevent water from entering considering everyone deals with leaving their door open for a moment when it's pouring out. It is bound to happen.

Anyone have a reference of the part# required to fix the switch?

zrickety

The Fixer
My passenger window starts to auto up, then acts like it hits something and goes back down. I suspect something binding inside the door or needs channels lubed. Still on original switches at 150k.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My passenger window starts to auto up, then acts like it hits something and goes back down. I suspect something binding inside the door or needs channels lubed. Still on original switches at 150k.

That's usually it. Something caught in the track or the anti-pinch kicks in because it feels resistance.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

I have the same issue on my passenger window. Drivers side is fine , both original switches.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
My passenger side makes it all the way up, then rolls down half way. Have to close it in small increments. Switch still works, and it goes all the way up. Dunno.

hryhorchuk

Passed Driver's Ed
Let me help... for windows that will not roll up automatically with a single pull of the window trigger... roll the window all the way up and stop and let go of the switch. Pull the switch to “roll up” the window twice quickly. That resets the window limit and lets it know how far to go up. Happened to my brothers mk5 and had an auto tech show us the secret.