GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
zef
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Agency Power underbrace on clearance

If you're sick of insane Unibrace prices (like I am), Agency Power's version of it (basically identical) is on clearance right now for $200.

https://www.agency-power.com/shop/mi...v=efd3f87a75dc

zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 153k+
Thanks for posting, you just saved me some money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Tony48

Drives: 2011 GTI
Just ordered one through Vivid Racing (much cheaper shipping). I feel pretty bad buying a knockoff of Unibrace but the prices are just crazy. If Unibrace was within 30-40% of the cost I would take the hit but more than double the price...no thanks.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, according to someone I spoke with at Agency Power, the Agency Power brace is 5mm thick. The Unibrace is 7mm thick. Both Aluminum.

Last edited by Tony48; 11-20-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Tony48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
^ yeah and this is an almost exact knock off. I don't typically support that either but damn, these companies are insane with some of their prices. They bring it upon themselves.

That said, I bought a used unibrace underbrace a while ago. Honestly was very disappointed. I have pretty much every other suspension component and other chassis bracing as well though. I would imagine on a more stock setup you'd feel the benefit from this one.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
zef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony48 View Post
Just ordered one through Vivid Racing (much cheaper shipping). I feel pretty bad buying a knockoff of Unibrace but the prices are just crazy. If Unibrace was within 30-40% of the cost I would take the hit but more than double the price...no thanks.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, according to someone I spoke with at Agency Power, the Agency Power brace is 5mm thick. The Unibrace is 7mm thick. Both Aluminum.

Damn, you did one better than me. I paid a little more than double for shipping going through agency direct. Oh well.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #6
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:

What's the link as I went on Vivid and couldn't find it
Old 11-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
Tony48

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
What's the link as I went on Vivid and couldn't find it
https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...150904448.html

For some reason it was really hard to find going through their website. Ended up finding it through google.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
SnailPower
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfs CSG 4DR MT
I guess the last question is now... how does it perform?
Internal : APR Stage 2+ tune - Soundaktor Delete - Diesel Geek Sigma 6 Short Shifter - R8 Coils - ECS Dogbone Mount Insert - GFB DV+ - NGP Type I Coilovers - KMD Tuning Front Stress Bar - WhiteLine Endlinks - IE CAI - IE K04 - EuroJet DP - Magna Flow Exhaust
External : H8 Pure Yellow Fog Bulbs - 20% All Around Tints - ECS JOM Euro Style Badgeless Grille
SnailPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #9
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
https://www.vividracing.com/agency-p...150904448.html

For some reason it was really hard to find going through their website. Ended up finding it through google.
thanks!

Wow.. shipping cost's are night and day.. .75 on Agency vs $14 on Vivid..

I know this has been brought up on other chats before.. anyone order and can comment on performance or durability? If it snaps because 2mm difference that would suck
Old 11-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #10
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
That said, I bought a used unibrace underbrace a while ago. Honestly was very disappointed. I have pretty much every other suspension component and other chassis bracing as well though. I would imagine on a more stock setup you'd feel the benefit from this one.
Not the first time I've seen this said. I feel like if you don't have a hatchbrace you'd be better off buying one of those instead, and if you do then you don't need an underbrace.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #11
zef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
thanks!

Wow.. shipping cost's are night and day.. .75 on Agency vs $14 on Vivid..

I know this has been brought up on other chats before.. anyone order and can comment on performance or durability? If it snaps because 2mm difference that would suck
Doubt 2mm would make that much of a difference. Unless you're on bone stock suspension with R compound tires I wouldn't be concerned

Old 11-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #12
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
Not the first time I've seen this said. I feel like if you don't have a hatchbrace you'd be better off buying one of those instead, and if you do then you don't need an underbrace.
Indeed. Now the hatch brace I was able to notice a significant firmer feel and less body roll. Eurosport x brace, and it was 1/4 the cost as unibrace.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #13
OEMPL+S
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 11' A3 T Quattro ScubaBlue
This is a good deal .... But should I get the hatch brace instead?

The one that fastens right behind the bench or the one the fastens to the strut towers in the rear?

The underbrace is far more convenient.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
OEMPL+S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #14
pdan
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2009 VW Jetta TDI (sold), 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Indeed. Now the hatch brace I was able to notice a significant firmer feel and less body roll. Eurosport x brace, and it was 1/4 the cost as unibrace.

I was debating picking up the unibrace xb hatch brace, but I agree the prices are ridiculous. Was the Eurosport x brace really that significant over the unibrace?? I have the unibrace ub and havenít felt a whole lot of difference. Suspension and handling are some of the next things Iím working on upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW 2dr 6MT-Stratified Tuned-Unitronic Intake-Southbend Stage 2 Daily-R8 Coils-NGK Plugs-ECS Tuning 3in Catted Downpipe-Neuspeed Catback-ECS Tuning Dogbone Mount-Unibrace UB-GFB DV-OEM LED Dark Cherry Tails
pdan is offline   Reply With Quote