GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Accelerator Pedal Dead Zone Fix With OEM Part Revision For 2010-2011 Manual

phobos78

Has anyone taken their car in to the dealer for this issue? I've been thinking about taking it over. What feedback have you gotten from them? Cause, i'm extremely jealous of those GTI owners that don't have this problem...

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Are the cars with dead space, tuned?

My 2010, stock, no lag or latency.

If this is in fact an issue it should be a warranty item, did anyone call/email VW of A?

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
My 2010, stock, no lag or latency.

So if you go press your gas pedal with your hand, from higher on the pedal, very gently, it responds with the first bit of movement? My '12 had this dead space when stock and tuned. The first ~10% of pedal travel, no matter how long you hold it down, will not raise the engine speed at all.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
So if you go press your gas pedal with your hand, from higher on the pedal, very gently, it responds with the first bit of movement? My '12 had this dead space when stock and tuned. The first ~10% of pedal travel, no matter how long you hold it down, will not raise the engine speed at all.

I'll have to be the first to admit. I have never pressed my gas pedal with my hand.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Well I have a 2011 DSG, and have a HUGE dead pedal. I realized this after driving my brothers new GLI. The slightest tap on his throttle the car was leaping forward. I have to depress my pedal 1/4 throttle to even get off the line, but then after a couple seconds the car just explodes forward... very dangerous

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Let me get this straight...

Part # 1K1721503AD is the latest newly updated revisied accelerator pedal?

Thanks

allset

Go Kart Champion
Okay, spoke with Commonwealth VW. They said that revision N is newer than D. If they were to replace my pedal today, it would be the exact same part number I have now.

Vw said there may be harness differences so "N" & "D" may or may not be the same sensor revison. There is also diff between manual and DSG

As per excelvant the latest number we want is 1K1-721-503-AN

Allset can you confirm?

see above. I think if any changes were made in the sensor the guys with the 2010's would benifit most since we have the oldest. Id love to know what was changed in those 3-4 revisions. I can tell u a few times at a light i thought i was stalled after pressing the pedal at least 25% and geting no response. it happens pretty often. I dont know for sure any changes were made in these revisions. The point of this thread was to note the fact there have been revisions and to collect info from those who have diff part #s/ years

Paul...nice find as usual!!!!!

If you get the updated part and it works, I will buy it immediately and install it. Although, I don't really want to mess with the gas pedal. If something goes wrong taking it off or re-installing it, I will start throwing tools around my garage because I obviously won't be able to drive the car.:D So, maybe I will do it with you one Wednesday.

My car is a 2011...built on 2/11/2011.

This is so **cking annoying and also dangerous! A few times this could have cost me dearly. It needs to be fixed!

After going K04...I just can't believe that this still happens.

I can't understand why some people have the problem and some don't but, we have had that happen in the past haven't we?

If we can confirm a change was made, im in to do it. prob easy enough to do on a wed @ Lowes.:D
Just to be clear: Revision N will not fix the dead space in the pedal.

I found a revision B that claims to be for the 2012 TTRS, but it wasn't available for purchase from the site that listed it that way. I searched for the same part # on Keffer, it came up for $127.50

Also, found K on Keffer as well.

Part Number 1K1721503AK
Part Name Throttle position sensor, gti, manual trans
MSRP $180.00
Core $0.00
Online Price $135.00

Also here, for $180

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but the pedal differs between manual and automatic transmission.

Alright now check this out.. many different revisions available

Interesting...i wish just the freaking sensor could be bought and swapped instead of the entire pedal. would be easier and cheaper.

Mckidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to be clear: Revision N will not fix the dead space in the pedal.

I found a revision B that claims to be for the 2012 TTRS, but it wasn't available for purchase from the site that listed it that way. I searched for the same part # on Keffer, it came up for $127.50

Also, found K on Keffer as well.

Part Number 1K1721503AK
Part Name Throttle position sensor, gti, manual trans
MSRP $180.00
Core $0.00
Online Price $135.00

Also here, for $180

I'm not sure if this has been stated, but the pedal differs between manual and automatic transmission.

Alright now check this out.. many different revisions available

According to ETKA 1K1721503AK is PR code VF0 which is the satin black finish in the 2.5L and TDI Golfs. 1K1721503AN is PR code VF1 which is the brushed aluminum in the GTIs. These are both for the MT, the DSG part numbers are different.

Mike

allset

Go Kart Champion
the acceleator pedal position sensor is sensor G185

and Throttle position sensor is sensor G79

Im not sure if both are contained in the pedal. My guess would be G185 is the pedal and G79 would be part of the TB components but this is just conjecture.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Let me know!

CONFIRMED THROUGH VW = 1K1721503AD is the latest part number for 2010-2012 Golf and GTI's.

Turns out I have the latest 1K1721503AD Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 (G185). 2011 GTI, manual transmission, 7/28/2010 build date.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
CONFIRMED THROUGH VW = 1K1721503AD is the latest part number for 2010-2012 Golf and GTI's.

Turns out I have the latest 1K1721503AD Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2 (G185). 2011 GTI, manual transmission, 7/28/2010 build date.

Did they say it will be replaced under warranty if you have the older revision?