GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me with my next mod please!

Hwcn

Ready to race!
I am thinking about a SPM CBE, but only really want to do it if there is some incremental performance gained with the K04. If I do it, I am leaning toward resonator and mid-muffler only. What do you think?

Other things I am thinking are:
Wheels & tires - I am currently stock.
DG Springs.

Things in process: Unibrace UB & SPM motor/tranny/dogbone mounts.

Any input appreciated. Going for more functional mods than cosmetic.

Thanks!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
IMO CBE gives you the bark to match the bite you have going on with your k04 setup. Personally I'd go with a magnaflow CBE but if you want to keep it all SPM I understand that too.

Wood

Ready to race!
Wheels and Tires
RSB, or if you can swing it add a FSB too.
No point in adding all that power if you can't go around a corner any quicker.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I have a EuroJet CBE and I really like it. I like it better than the MF or BB CBE's. I looked at a lot of clips before making the decision.

The EJ is way quieter on startup, and mild throttle, which I prefer.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I have a EuroJet CBE and I really like it. I like it better than the MF or BB CBE's. I looked at a lot of clips before making the decision.

The EJ is way quieter on startup, and mild throttle, which I prefer.

All due respect, but sound clips don't really mean much.

Hwcn

Ready to race!
IMO CBE gives you the bark to match the bite you have going on with your k04 setup. Personally I'd go with a magnaflow CBE but if you want to keep it all SPM I understand that too.

Forgive my ignorance, but will I have any issues mating a Magnaflow to an SPM DP? I think I would be going from a V-Band to a Slip fitment.

And thanks All!

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
All due respect, but sound clips don't really mean much.

I do agree there, but you can distinguish the differences between the different exhausts regardless.

I actually thought the EJ was going to be louder than I wanted, but it wasn't.

Wood

Ready to race!
Forgive my ignorance, but will I have any issues mating a Magnaflow to an SPM DP? I think I would be going from a V-Band to a Slip fitment.

And thanks All!

No, The SPM DP has a slip fit connection that necks down to the stock 2.5" Catback. As long as you buy a catback with a 2.5" inlet you should be fine.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion

And thanks All!

No. That's what I have going on. Sounds good, but a bit louder than I would like IMO. What do you do @ State College where you can get goodies like that? All the jobs I found were paying like $8/hr!

Hwcn

Ready to race!
No. That's what I have going on. Sounds good, but a bit louder than I would like IMO. What do you do @ State College where you can get goodies like that? All the jobs I found were paying like $8/hr!

Financial Advisor. I am an old guy having fun like a 20 year old with his car.

A_Bowers

99bajakid

Ready to race!
to each is own i guess. I'd rather spend a bit more than having my car sound like shit.

its all or nothing for me. :)