GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does the bluetooth call quality in this car suck?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
You know I've been having FM reception issues when the engine is running. Made a thread about it not too long ago. When the engine is off, I get great reception but when it's on the voices/music is unintelligible. Been meaning to try this with the BT call quality sometime.

butchered by autocorrect

pitviper33

I read through this thread, and I didn't see anybody else mention this possibility for the problem.

In our 2013 Sportwagen, I have no problems at all. Nobody complains, everyone can hear me, and I use it all the time. But when my wife drives, she's completely impossible to understand. We have identical phones, so I don't think the phone is the difference. But riding as the passenger with her driving a few weeks ago, I think I found the problem. The stupid microphone is in a terrible spot. It's behind her mouth while she talks. So I had her try it out while trying to look up at the ceiling, and the sound improved dramatically.

She's 5'2" tall. So she's on the short side. But she's not tiny by any means. But they positioned the microphone so far back in the car that someone her height, once she's positioned the seat to get the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, is sitting in front of it.

Are any of you other guys having issues a little on the short side?

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I read through this thread, and I didn't see anybody else mention this possibility for the problem.

In our 2013 Sportwagen, I have no problems at all. Nobody complains, everyone can hear me, and I use it all the time. But when my wife drives, she's completely impossible to understand. We have identical phones, so I don't think the phone is the difference. But riding as the passenger with her driving a few weeks ago, I think I found the problem. The stupid microphone is in a terrible spot. It's behind her mouth while she talks. So I had her try it out while trying to look up at the ceiling, and the sound improved dramatically.

She's 5'2" tall. So she's on the short side. But she's not tiny by any means. But they positioned the microphone so far back in the car that someone her height, once she's positioned the seat to get the clutch pedal all the way to the floor, is sitting in front of it.

Are any of you other guys having issues a little on the short side?

Great suggestion. I'm 6'0" but I could see how the position could be the problem.

How tall are you?

I wonder if there is an easy way to replace the mic with a higher quality unit?

sent from mobile

gsd0519

Update?

I disabled my soundaktor, but the quality is still terrible. I don't know if it's wind noise or road noise, but it does make you difficult to understand. I haven't tried the vag com change to the sensitivity yet, I guess that is next

Sent via tapatalk

Any luck with the VAG Com?

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I am thinking I need to locate and physically isolate the microphone from vibrations. Or try replacing the mic.

I'd be interested in doing this as well. It's embarrassing sometimes to talk via Bluetooth.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
The only issue I have with this bluetooth is that when I press the voice dial button the chime and computer's voice is much louder than the volume of the person I'm calling.

I find myself cranking down the volume to navigate through the menu and then turning the volume back up to hear the person I'm talking to.

Is there a fix for that?

This is the issue that I have for mine as well - the in-call volume is much lower than the menu volume.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything about this. Anyone know a fix?

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
This is the issue that I have for mine as well - the in-call volume is much lower than the menu volume.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything about this. Anyone know a fix?

Same issue here. Haven't found anything in vagcom, and the dealer looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned the problem.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

WAP

Go Kart Champion
^^Mine works the same way. The audio quality of the call is fine, it's just that difference in volume is huge. I just assumed it's normal as this is my first car with BT.

jamlee

Ready to race!
my 13 has the same problem. thinking of trying to move the mic from the right side of the ocp to the right.

roz1

I have a 13 Golf MK6 TDI with GPS and people say they can hear a huge amount of wind in the background. I better half has a 2012 without the GPS and it sounds exactly the same. I popped the mic out and added foam to the mic, just to help dampen the sound. It helped a bit but not a great deal.

Has anyone tried installing a different mic, maybe one that is not as sensitive?

Last question, has anyone found that the sound that comes from the speakers when on a call is almost ear piercing? It sounds like it is coming from one speaker and the treble is too high.

My last car was great sound through the speakers.