GOLFMKV

(DC Area) GROUP BUY on APR Software Packages at NGP Lorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

miami90

Ready to race!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
just perfect timing, very likely to join the dark side (stage 1) within 2 weeks! :happyanim:

miami90

Ready to race!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
You got your car from Rosenthal?

yep, but I'm gonna take it to lindsay or perhaps stohlman for service once I'm tuned for less warranty void hassle, i hear rosenthal doesn't seem to care as well... not sure to take it there though

miami90

Ready to race!
yep, but I'm gonna take it to lindsay or perhaps stohlman for service once I'm tuned for less warranty void hassle, i hear rosenthal doesn't seem to care as well... not sure to take it there though

Lindsay is all the way in Sterling, pain in the ass :)

I spoke to the techs at Rosenthal, they told me NOT to get the tune to be on the safe side. Every salesperson I did talk to though, told me to do it. And told me simply not to tell them when taken in for service, or just play dumb. Considering this is still a new car, tuning always scared me off because of warranty :/

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Lindsay is all the way in Sterling, pain in the ass :)

I spoke to the techs at Rosenthal, they told me NOT to get the tune to be on the safe side. Every salesperson I did talk to though, told me to do it. And told me simply not to tell them when taken in for service, or just play dumb. Considering this is still a new car, tuning always scared me off because of warranty :/

rosenthal seems to be a hit or miss to me. i wouldnt mind drive to lindsay as its about 10 miles away from me, rosenthal is still closer, i pass by it during my commute. I've never heard any bad outcome from people with tuning vs warranty at lindsay. a couple of stohlman techs own modded golf r's, seems mod friendly to techs there.

miami90

Ready to race!
rosenthal seems to be a hit or miss to me. i wouldnt mind drive to lindsay as its about 10 miles away from me, rosenthal is still closer, i pass by it during my commute. I've never heard any bad outcome from people with tuning vs warranty at lindsay. a couple of stohlman techs own modded golf r's, seems mod friendly to techs there.

30 minute drive for me, which isn't too bad when I think about it. Now you have me thinking of getting a stage 1.

BadCompany

Ready to race!
I've seen several conversations on here over warranty void. I bought my car very briefly used so it still has the factory warranty in place. Is modding a dealer to dealer warranty or is a tune a guaranteed warranty void. I know I'm not going to be able to wait for it to run out before doing anything to my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.