GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Standard alloys on MarkVI GTD

johnamcclintock

Hi,

Does anyone know the name at least of the 17" standard alloys that came with the UK mark 6 GTD (11 plate if it changed during production). I gave one of mine a right clang at 50mph the other day and am considering replacing it. With that in mind anyone know what one costs?

Cheers,

John

johnamcclintock

Might have found the name, possible Seattles. Picture (compressed badly) attached.

Attachments

• 20140424_140451.jpg
    20140424_140451.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 488

johnamcclintock

I assume mine are "shadow" as the inlays to the spokes are black and the silver of my wheels is the diamond cut finish. Not aware of an option in the UK for silver or shadow. The picture in the previous post is of my wheels, not a copy and paste from elsewhere.

Anyone know a price brand-new for these please? There are some second-hand ones on ebay at a decent price but without knowing the new UK price not sure of the value.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Not sure exactly; though most VW 17s run about $300-$400 new per wheel. Here is some more info for you on the wheel, including the part numbers it is under:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/wheels/17-vw-wheels-5x112.htm (just "find" Seattle on the page)

EDIT: Just found a post that may help:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...dow-wheels&p=75181609&viewfull=1#post75181609

IT is a little old, but gives you a feel for retail and discount rates if you can find a dealer to sell them at that price.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Mine are Seattle Shadow as your picture shows, they aren't cheap.

Seattle Aluminium rim gloss/black 02/09-05/11 - 5K0 601 025 R FZZ - £490.

johnamcclintock

Really frustrating as I can't find them on the VW accessories site so assume I have either to go via a dealer (meaning I get shafted) or buy second-hand. Thanks for the replies fellas - much appreciated! :)

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Yeah, for the cost of 2 replacements you could buy a full set of pretty much any used OEM wheel you wanted

Good luck with it!