GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New OBDeleven Device

torga

Autocross Champion
iOS support is huge - that'll be great for some members. Even for the people that bought cheap-o Android phones, it'll be nice finally being able to use your actual, personal phone.

Other than that, as an Android user I don't really see any reason to upgrade. At least not until there are more details. The pre-order page is pretty scarce.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
iOS support is huge - that'll be great for some members. Even for the people that bought cheap-o Android phones, it'll be nice finally being able to use your actual, personal phone.

Other than that, as an Android user I don't really see any reason to upgrade. At least not until there are more details. The pre-order page is pretty scarce.

Yea I'm an iphone user so having it connect to my phone instead of the kindle I keep in varying charge states in my glove box will make it an instant purchase for me.

The additional processing speed I hope will help with the logging features of OBDeleven, those are an absolute dread / massive time consumption to set up.

Hopefully they'll also add some offline support functionality but this would probably be mostly remedied once I can use my 4g phone to connect...

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
You gotta be kidding me. I just bought the damn thing a couple weeks ago...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info. This is Awesome news. Carista was good for the basics but OBD11 is where it's at.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
ummm, no.

Vag-com is where its at! :23:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
OBD11 blows carista out of the water. It can basically do everything VCDS can now although the menus are not as good and logging isn't as good either, but its convenient to just use your phone.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Does anyone else find it pretty odd that they decided, "Produced in EU - High quality standard by European manufacturers" a notable selling point lol?

nightdrive

Careful guys don't buy the starter pack!
Doesn't support long coding which is like the whole point of this device.

Wouldn't the hardware be the same? Someone should confirm this but I think the PRO pack just includes an activation code for the PRO version of their app. If you already have a PRO account I hope you won't need to purchase PRO again.