GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

scrape noise coming from driver side front wheel upon each revolution..wtf mate

CarbonSteelGangster

Passed Driver's Ed
after i got my wheels rotated at a Tires Plus, a week later i started hearing a dry,short, screeching noise from the front left rim every time it carried out a revolution. im not sure if its related. i pulled over immediately and found no imperfections in the tire to cause this. i looked at the bake pads and noticed they were all almost pressed against the discs even when in neutral. i have a 2011 4dr gti. help me out im stressing mad hard going to bring it in soon!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Your brake pads are going to remain in slight contact with the rotors even when the brakes aren't applied. They aren't designed to retract completely away from the rotor, but they shouldn't be applying any pressure. I would remove the wheel the noise is coming from and inspect the brakes thoroughly...

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
One of my rears did this. A pebble somehow got behind the dust shield.

Also, make sure your lugs are tight. They can make some interesting noises if they're loose.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
One of my rears did this. A pebble somehow got behind the dust shield..

This. My in laws' driveway is gravel, got a rock wedged in the caliper, scraped on the disc and made a hell of a racket. Picked it out and all was well.

JhnR

Banned