GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure/Temp sensor solutions

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for he links. If I remember correctly I think mine is welded shut. You can see where the spot would be. At least the pan isn't that expensive to get. Where do you have your oil pressure sensor reading from?

I have a custom junction block that Issam Abed can make you. It uses the factory oil pressure sensor coming off the oil filter carrier and mounts using the alternator bolts.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I have a custom junction block that Issam Abed can make you. It uses the factory oil pressure sensor coming off the oil filter carrier and mounts using the alternator bolts.

Very neat. If you don't mind me asking how much did this cost?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry to bump a sort of dying thread, but you can purchase a wortec oil pan from moddedeuros that adds 1L capacity of oil and is pretapped for an oil temp sensor. It also has fins on the bottom to promote better cooling. It's a little pricey though (~$480 after 5% golfmk6forum coupon).

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to bump a sort of dying thread, but you can purchase a wortec oil pan from moddedeuros that adds 1L capacity of oil and is pretapped for an oil temp sensor. It also has fins on the bottom to promote better cooling. It's a little pricey though (~$480 after 5% golfmk6forum coupon).

Yup. I had one. Great product if you live in the south. Not good if you live where it's cold. The increased capacity doesn't let the oil warm up in the winter which is very bad for your engine.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Ordered this from USP as my drain plug adapter isnt too accurate i feel. Doesnt fit. Hole in adapter too small and none of the adapters fit our oil filter threads. Anyone have a better solution?

Thanks for the input. Could a bigger hole be drilled in it? At this point it would cost way too much to get oil temps and pressures. If I tracked my car a lot it would be worth it, but as a DD it's not cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
The material is pretty thin around the hole, it would be risky to DIY it IMO. They have a plate that may work, but it has oil cooler line fittings. Im inquiring if they have something with a bigger bore. I'm assuming our filter is m22 threaded. Anyone have one they can measure?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I think it was around $100

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm in the process of planning an oil pressure/temp gauge install.
I see you have what appears to be the Podi single gauge column pod with the VEI D1 Series Oil Pressure/Temp gauge. Did you have any fitment issues with this gauge and pod combination? The Podi documentation says that it will accommodate depth gauges up to .8", but the VEI gauge appears to have a 1" mounting depth. Can you confirm?

Really hoping I can run this setup and finally get both oil pressure and temp in a nice compact reading.

Thanks!
Ronnie

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
Sooo, my motor was replaced under warranty because it was starved of oil due to a faulty oil pump, lucky me, warranty. It's no longer warrantied.

I want to install oil temp and pressure gauges that can be read real time.

The OEM https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...5MDkrH5xbJ2YKPW7cyjL83XMNBBC1gpsaAtAwEALw_wcB
Is installed in my motor without anything connected.

MY QUESTION: can I vagcom in this OEM temp sensor someway or connect it to a gauge for useful info?can I add it to OEM setup with vagcom by buying and installing the connector? It's in the perfect spot. Thanks

The sandwich plate looks like easiest install but is that temp sensor good and accurate, does it have oil flowing through? Also thermostatic would be beneficial probably in New England

Last edited:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Finally got around to installing oil pressure / temp gauges. Tried to go the VEI dual gauge route, but they're no longer in production. Experimented with a Glowshift dual digital gauge, and found that it's accuracy was absolute garbage. Decided to just separate out the temp and pressure gauges to give me a few more options. Went with a NewSouth Performance analog oil pressure gauge and an Autometer Sport-Comp digital temp gauge. Mounted these to the column with a couple Holley pedestal mounts.

US Rally Team Oil pressure adapter attached to the filter housing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice setup. Where is your temp hooked up at and how did you verify reading accuracy, thanks.

I was curious, has anyone used a thermostatic sandwich plate for oil filter with this pressure sensor setup and temp and tested it's accuracy at oil filter sandwich plate?

I think thermostatic sandwich plate would be nice in new England winter's to make sure oil is warm quicker.