GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arm catted downpipe

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Anyone run the arms motorsports catted downpipe? If so how is fitment? They are going for 280ish and I understand you get what you pay for but 280 for a catted downpipe that bolts up perfect would be a steal. I'm between this and a cts turbo downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
It sounds good the price, what's their website?
Thanks!

jon570

Ready to race!
I have a review of it somewhere in the engine and tune section of the forum. For what i paid i cant complain but there was an issue i ran into with the pipe not being long enough to reach the catback i had on. But, could easily be fixed various different ways. I love how mine sounds and it has an EVER so slight smell to it out the exhaust, of course going from (2)800 cell cats to a 200 cell cat will do that. But its nothing like having a non cat.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I have a review of it somewhere in the engine and tune section of the forum. For what i paid i cant complain but there was an issue i ran into with the pipe not being long enough to reach the catback i had on. But, could easily be fixed various different ways. I love how mine sounds and it has an EVER so slight smell to it out the exhaust, of course going from (2)800 cell cats to a 200 cell cat will do that. But its nothing like having a non cat.

How are the welds and was there any issues with the 02 sensors? I'm cbfa

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Also did you use the provided gasket that arms give you or the one oem one

DarthGTi

Cts is straight junk. Go with the ARM. Their quality and fitment is top notch. That one guy your referring to on the forum had been through 3 exhausts and had modified his shit so it didnt fit. Buy an OEM gasket, and a better Vband clamp, and youll ve good to go.. ill be matching my arm fownpipe to stock catback. Ill post a vid after, im due for a walk around.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Cts is straight junk. Go with the ARM. Their quality and fitment is top notch. That one guy your referring to on the forum had been through 3 exhausts and had modified his shit so it didnt fit. Buy an OEM gasket, and a better Vband clamp, and youll ve good to go.. ill be matching my arm fownpipe to stock catback. Ill post a vid after, im due for a walk around.

So you have no fitment issues with the arms connecting to a stock catback?

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So you have no fitment issues with the arms connecting to a stock catback?

I did at first, it was about 2 inches short but then they sent me a peice to extend it and it was good ever since

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! After reading thru I'll probably go with a cts downpipe and call it a day lol

My CTS downpipe was probably the worst purchase I made for my car. Flimsy thin material, nothing lined up - I ran it for a month and couldn't stop thinking about it. Eventually the vibrations from the downpipe became too much for me to bear and I got rid of it for something else. I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere other than CTS. That's just my opinion though - lots swear by them so to each their own.