GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Wastegate Rattle?!

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
LOL
i wasnt saying that this isnt true.. i just want to find out when this will be available since i will need one for my car :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Your service manager wont be able to acurately tell you when parts are coming, your best bet is asking parts, the part number is 06J145220A

Edit - not sure if that is for a single clip or a bag of a few, the TSB makes it sound like it's for one vehicle but it's $75 for that part number so I'd hope it's a few lol

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Euro - I think he said sometime around July...

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Your service manager wont be able to acurately tell you when parts are coming, your best bet is asking parts, the part number is 06J145220A

Edit - not sure if that is for a single clip or a bag of a few, the TSB makes it sound like it's for one vehicle but it's $75 for that part number so I'd hope it's a few lol

lol i really hope its for few and not just one!

Euro - I think he said sometime around July...

yeaaaah.. but my service manager has his ways lol he seem to know everything before me everytime ;)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I had our parts manager force order 5 of them, we'll see what happens. I'll update when some show up. From talking to him he doesn't think VW will just send them out to all the dealers, it'll be ordered like any regular part and the dealer will choose to stock them or not.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Wastegate clip

I just called VW in Sayville NY. They said they can't order the part simply be ause of the TSB. The service manager said in all likliness the car will need to be diagnosed by a tech then the part would be ordered. I would then need to bring it in again to have the part installed. I told him it is making the noise since day 1. I think I will wait until the parts are out there. I can't waste two days.
Steve

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just called VW in Sayville NY. They said they can't order the part simply be ause of the TSB. The service manager said in all likliness the car will need to be diagnosed by a tech then the part would be ordered. I would then need to bring it in again to have the part installed. I told him it is making the noise since day 1. I think I will wait until the parts are out there. I can't waste two days.
Steve

thats probably the best way to do it, honestly. Just wait till you know the parts are hopefully out there , then yes, a tech has to confirm you actually have a problem, then they will fix it.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
Thanks! I should have read the previous posts from the VW tech who explains the difference between recalls and TSBs.
I can't wait to hear just the turbo spooling and whoosh sans the rattle.
Steve

Last edited:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
It's really logical from the business stand point to do it that way because the TSB there is no diagnosis time you can claim. So if they waste time "diagnosing" a known issue with a TSB about they are doing it for free. The TSB allows us to claim 6 minutes for a test drive, 24 minutes for install, and another 6 minutes to test drive after, there is no technical diagnosis time or guided fault finding time that can be claimed.

But at the same time I can understand why they are hesitant to just do it.... In all honesty customers who read shit online than come in for anything an everything they have read about are some of the worst customers we get. I think that's alot of the reason dealers stray away from modded cars, the customers cause alot more headaches than the modified car does.

When someone online posted a how-to for the Passat TDI oil pump chain drive to gear drive conversion all of a sudden person after person came in complaining that "they hear noise from the oil pump area" hoping to get what they saw online done.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I've noticied this from the first day i picked up my CPO 2010 gti. Is there any ill affect on the car other than the annoying rattle? I doesn't bother me enough to make an appointment but if it will degrade my turbo over the years or something than i'll be proactive to fix it before it does some damage.