GOLFMKV

How can i increase boost?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Approximate boost PSI

Stock - 8 PSI
Stage1 - 15 PSI
K04 Turbo - 20 PSI

I'm at 12 PSI (stock) with my Boost Machine, but that's about as far as you can push it un-tuned..

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I get 12.5 stock (via VCDS, peak) and I hear stage 1 is 18. What gives with all these different read outs?

butchered by autocorrect

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
So is this a replacement for the DV so you can dial how much boost to hold before vent?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
So is this a replacement for the DV so you can dial how much boost to hold before vent?

Uh...No. The DV doesn't have anything to do with making boost. This adjusts the air signal to the Wastgate actuator . Read more at the link.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Uh...No. The DV doesn't have anything to do with making boost. This adjusts the air signal to the Wastgate actuator . Read more at the link.

I'm always thinking the DV is there to hold boost. After some googling I see the true purpose.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion

have you tried this on a tuned car yet?

then again I think there isn't too much room left in the IHI turbo after stage 1/2 anyways.

Keizerjohn

Stage 1 risk

Smiley, besides the dreaded "modbug", be aware that the 30% increase in torque from an APR Stage-1 tune will probably cause clutch-slip if you drive a 6M. I have a 2012 only 5 months old and got the tune 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the stock clutch just can't seem to handle the extra torque in gears 4-6.