GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
I think he is that Golf R. Would explain him smoking an SRT-8.

yea, or the real owner would be in here busting his balls hahahaha :lol:

zipsled

Ready to race!
Two for two this weekend...
First was a Impala SS(FWD platform)...pulled about 1 car length from 25 in a short run-we ran out of space between lights. Cool black dude driving, and he was shocked that a 4-banger beat his mighty V-8.
Second was a good 'ol boy in a Hemi Ram...from the dig. I walked pretty easily and he pulled up beside me at the next light and wouldn't look over and acknowledge he got spanked.
I gotta slow down...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
lol I don't even bother with the Impala SS's anymore. They have a v8 cammed for SUV's and the like. They don't rev very quickly and are dead by 5000 rpm. Was taking them at stage 1 short-shifting.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Killed a new mustang yesterday. Not sure if v6 or 4cyl. They are awfully quiet compared to my turbo back exhaust. I put two cars on him from 65-110 before I shut it down.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Killed a new mustang yesterday. Not sure if v6 or 4cyl. They are awfully quiet compared to my turbo back exhaust. I put two cars on him from 65-110 before I shut it down.

Very nice

nygti3491

Ready to race!
Raced my buddies 2015 wrx stage 2 cobb. The 1st race was a roll at 30 he honked 3x I took him by a car or 2 and he wasn't pulling he complained he was in 3rd gear. Second race he caught me off guard and was in 3rd gear 30-100mph and was dead even. Have the video on his Instagram but I think it's private so you probably can't see it. https://instagram.com/p/2l8cyAJbua/

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I understand that the guys running mid to high 12's at a drag are running drag radials, but the trap speed isn't changing much from drags to streets, just gives you more traction to get going and increases your time.
Looking at the 1/4 mile thread on our forum, the one stage 2 slip that's in there (Recognized1 - Going off of 93 oct, since that's what I typically run, is what I go off of) was a 105mph trap, with 100oct runs being in the 107mph range.

Here's a link to the camaro forums where they're talking about what they run. Some of them are at slightly higher elevation, but the traps are ranging between 107-111 (111 was with henkook V12's, LT's, CAI, and a canned tune @ 3500ft).
So even if they're hitting 110mph stock at sea level (adjusting the 107 run up due to higher altitude) that's not really much from a race stand point, and especially from a roll where we take that advantage away from them.

Here's a Mk5 in a roll from 35-100 or so. Shitty video taker, but they don't walk past the Mk5, they just hold even (and the camaro is auto, so you can't blame a shitty driver), and the Mk6 is slightly faster than a similarly modded Mk5.

Here's another Mk5 vs an SS at the track. They were pretty much even after the GTI stopped spinning. Again, Mk6 is slightly faster.

They seem pretty damn close to me. Sure they should probably start pulling on me after 110 or so, but I can't do anything about that unless I go BT :)
I'm happy with holding even with them, makes my day :thumbup:

When I was stage 2 I trapped 105mph consistently in the 1/4.... And I ran with a Camaro SS from about 90kph-210kph on the highway right beside my buddy in his COBB Stage 3 Focus ST. The SS isn't that fast. Totally doable with a stage 2 MK6.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
When I was stage 2 I trapped 105mph consistently in the 1/4.... And I ran with a Camaro SS from about 90kph-210kph on the highway right beside my buddy in his COBB Stage 3 Focus ST. The SS isn't that fast. Totally doable with a stage 2 MK6.

For sure. Had a second one I came across with the same results, so I have no doubts now.

E46 M3
C55 AMG
Doesn't count but a REVO2 ED35 DSG dreeped away with me 3 up

I have no idea what this means

I think he was saying he ran a Revo Stage 2, Edition 35 w/DSG, and he creeped away from it with him 3 cars up by the time they shut it down.