GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potential parts breaking at quarter mile?

Jaber

Modero
Yet another mod. Im starting to regret putting in all these mods FML!

You should of just taken the car to the track as is, before modding and progress from there. Drag strip is usually for fun or friendly competition. Sounds like you are taking it a step further and are in over your head over analyzing everything, walk before you run. If you want to truly max the capabilities of what your car can do, prepare for things to break, it's the nature of the beast.

Jaber

Modero
Forum thinks "you've got this"

:lol:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Yet another mod. Im starting to regret putting in all these mods FML!

I have been running a K04 setup with water/meth and race file on street track for the last 3 1/2 years. I guarantee you that everyday you drive the car, the regrets will go away.

Probabaly just the last mods you will need to do a lot of problem free drag racing with your setup. You will have a lot of fun. You can't be too surprised that the drivetrain needs reinforcement when you are planning on revving up a high performance motor and dumping your clutch with sticky tires.

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
I have been running a K04 setup with water/meth and race file on street track for the last 3 1/2 years. I guarantee you that everyday you drive the car, the regrets will go away.

Probabaly just the last mods you will need to do a lot of problem free drag racing with your setup. You will have a lot of fun. You can't be too surprised that the drivetrain needs reinforcement when you are planning on revving up a high performance motor and dumping your clutch with sticky tires.

I daily a company car (2016 Pilot ;) ) So i dont drive my gti a lot. That's why i opted to upgrade the mk6 gti vs buying a mk7 golf R. I also just ordered the pendulum mount. But in reality i cant complain. Im very fortunate to be able to do all those mods on my car. So i should stfu about regretting it. Its something i always wanted to do and now that im doing it i should be happy about it. As for the axles i called the raxles.com and I spoke to Marty he said I should be fine with my axles and told me i wouldnt need it. He said the axles are pretty strong and if anything should break its a small piece at the end of the axles not the axles itself.