GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unibrace RB help

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
So, I get the basic idea from pictures but I can't seem to get the holes to line up. Here is the story, I was trying to put on my rb today so I undid the exhaust and slide the rb into place. I got one hole to line up but couldn't get the other 3 to line up. The unibrace kept hitting the subframe and kept it from going into place. Maybe I am suppose to start from the control arms? Also I need help with the bolts there is 2 smaller bolts and nuts and 2 bigger ones. Do the bigger ones go on the sides and the smaller longer ones one the rear control arms?

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Have you looked at the installation instructions LINK I sent with your tracking numbers. IF not, please do. If you no longer have it please email me at: info@unibrace.com. I can already tell you are not following the installation instructions. Bruce

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Control Arms first. I had to shimmy it in a little. Use the big bolts and tighten loosely.

Then rotate the brace upwards and use the little bolts to mount the other holes.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Have you looked at the installation instructions LINK I sent with your tracking numbers. IF not, please do. If you no longer have it please email me at: info@unibrace.com. I can already tell you are not following the installation instructions. Bruce

Bruce, I actually won them at fastivus so I didn't get any directions with it :/. Also accidentally sent an empty email sorry.

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!
Control Arms first. I had to shimmy it in a little. Use the big bolts and tighten loosely.

Then rotate the brace upwards and use the little bolts to mount the other holes.

I also used a rubber mallet to gently tap the brace into place in the tight spots. Outside of that, exactly as Grambles stated - be sure not to tighten anything until you have all the bolts installed! I didn't even drop my exhaust.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Reiterating what everyone is saying. Wiggle it into place starting from the outside in, using some sort of force - being careful not to scratch or break anything in the process. Lightly tighten everything so you can be sure its lined up. The rest if just tightening the bolts and nuts.

GTItraveler

Ready to race!
Email sent to the OP.

Please guys, if you have any install issues contact me first at: info@unibrace.com. It is always better to speak to the source before you get into trouble.

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited:

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Email sent to the OP.

Please guys, if you have any install issues contact me first at: info@unibrace.com. It is always better to speak to the source before you get into trouble.

Thanks,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I was going to contact you about it but my dumb-ness kicked in and I thought I could figure it out with pictures.