GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to do about the neighbor’s cat climbing on my car?

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Also, you guys saying to harm or kill an animal/someone's pet over something that is barely even a nuisance to a normal person is pretty fucked up.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Maybe get a car cover if you’re OCD, cats claws retract, I can’t imagine how it is doing any damage TBH! It’s just a cat, I wish I had so little to worry about that this would be an issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would fear that the car cover would scratch it. Also, I have a gravel driveway so the paw prints are actually gravel dust.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Agreed.

I never claimed to be a “normal” person. I don’t have issues, I have a fucking subscription. I am irrationally territorial. That even extend to animals. I identify that it is irrational, but that doesn’t make it any less real. I wouldn’t actually kill or abuse the cat. Although the reason for not killing it is simply the legal ramifications. I find it fucked up that society gets to decide what is and is not a nuisance animal. Nobody cares if you kill a rat. People kill pigs for food when they have been proven to be way more intelligent than dogs. It just makes no sense. It is legal to shoot someone on the spot if they are trespassing. But a dog or cat? Absolutely not. That’s cruelty... ?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I never claimed to be a “normal” person. I don’t have issues, I have a fucking subscription. I am irrationally territorial. That even extend to animals. I identify that it is irrational, but that doesn’t make it any less real. I wouldn’t actually kill or abuse the cat. Although the reason for not killing it is simply the legal ramifications. I find it fucked up that society gets to decide what is and is not a nuisance animal. Nobody cares if you kill a rat. People kill pigs for food when they have been proven to be way more intelligent than dogs. It just makes no sense. It is legal to shoot someone on the spot if they are trespassing. But a dog or cat? Absolutely not. That’s cruelty... ?

Agreed. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie

I guess it’s ok then if you eat it! Some people don’t like eating pussy though[emoji12]

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Can't believe laws are the only thing from stopping you from killing pets over some dust on your car.

Maybe tell your neighbor that and they'll be able to keep it inside before you actually do something as irrational as you're feeling.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Can't believe laws are the only thing from stopping you from killing pets over some dust on your car.

Maybe tell your neighbor that and they'll be able to keep it inside before you actually do something as irrational as you're feeling.

You’re a pussy. [emoji78]

Phur

Autocross Champion
If it was a Porsche, I could understand. You have a mass produced car that's basically 5 years old now. I have a bit of the OCD myself, but I gave up on my GTI looking perfect a long time ago. Chips, dents, scratches are all in your future.
The cat is winning lol.

So what is the buy-in to own something that deserves to be shown respect? Does it have to be a $100,000 car that they only made 10 of. This means that I shouldn’t care if it gets fucked up?

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dollar value or rarity do not equal what a possession means to someone. I have seen 1980s Buicks for instance, totally not my kind of car, and thought “Damn, nice car.” simply because it was obvious how much it meant to the owner by how incredibly well it was maintained, and I can appreciate that. Am I alone in this thought?

DELETE

Autocross Champion
So what is the buy-in to own something that deserves to be shown respect? Does it have to be a $100,000 car that they only made 10 of. This means that I shouldn’t care if it gets fucked up?

I disagree wholeheartedly. Dollar value or rarity do not equal what a possession means to someone. I have seen 1980s Buicks for instance, totally not my kind of car, and thought “Damn, nice car.” simply because it was obvious how much it meant to the owner by how incredibly well it was maintained, and I can appreciate that. Am I alone in this thought?

You’re not alone bro, this thread got super soft. Good luck with the jerkoff cat.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie

Dusty paw prints isn't exactly "fucked up", I think what most of us here are trying to say is that if you're gonna treat your gti like a garage queen, then maybe you should get a cover or live somewhere with a garage in the future if little things like this bother you so much.

You're not alone in thinking that an older car that is well maintained looks nice. In fact, a cover will keep it looking nicer in the long run anyways if you're keeping it outdoors in the elements. Even the sun can take it's toll over time.