GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic Headlight Switch + Censor Problems

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I recently installed the Euro automatic headlight switch and censor and I have a few issues.

My first issue is when the headlights come on automatically, the parking lights come on too. The headlights are on, LED DRLS, AND the parking lights (which I don't want). How can I disable this?

Additionally, when I unlock my car from the fob my headlights don't come on even though I have coming home/leaving home enabled.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
There’s 2 controllers (or tick boxes maybe) that need coding/selecting for coming/leaving home to work if I remember correctly, not sure off the top of my head though if this is correct but I’ll check when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSwag420

Ready to race!
There’s 2 controllers (or tick boxes maybe) that need coding/selecting for coming/leaving home to work if I remember correctly, not sure off the top of my head though if this is correct but I’ll check when I get a chance.

Gotcha. Not sure if you can help me with another problem. The parking lights won't turn off when the car is running now. The low beams are on, LED DRLs, AND now the parking lights. Looks a bit odd. Can't get them to go off in any switch position if the headlights are running. Guessing I'll need coding to get rid of them. Gotta find someone with VAG - or I'll just pull the bulbs. They're useless anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/5cEKdty

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Gotcha. Not sure if you can help me with another problem. The parking lights won't turn off when the car is running now. The low beams are on, LED DRLs, AND now the parking lights. Looks a bit odd. Can't get them to go off in any switch position if the headlights are running. Guessing I'll need coding to get rid of them. Gotta find someone with VAG - or I'll just pull the bulbs. They're useless anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/5cEKdty

With the OEM lights (here in Europe at least) the small parking bulb always comes on with the low beams, it’s the same regardless of vehicle manufacturer! Why not try an led bulb that matches the drl colour? It could make it appear the drl’s kick up next to the grill!

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
Carlos is correct. Parking light will always come on with low beams. You can run a trigger wire to enable having the parking lights on only, but I don’t think there is a way to do the opposite and run the low beams without parking lights.

As for the CH/LH function, don’t even waste your time. Enabling it with VCDS will not make it work. You need to install the Rain/Light Sensor for it to work correctly, no other way around it unfortunately.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just to clarify! do you have the rain light sensor installed?