GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Brink does not have an alignment machine (ironically, I checked on this myself just this week).

Any idea what the alignment cost is at Soulspeed? I opted for Yost on my wife's TDI Sportwagen but I went to Soulspeed for my Revo Stage 1 and Colin and Janine were just super nice and on the ball.

On a side note, I'm counting this as my "Hi, I just picked up a GTI" post. Picked up a gently used 2013 GTI and sold my BRZ.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Is anyone running a Borla Exhaust? I've been thinking about switching from my APR but would want to hear some others in person before doing so.

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Sneaky intro post. :D Welcome. Do you miss the BRZ?

Thanks. Yeah, I do miss the BRZ. One of the best handling cars you can get without spending a fortune, and it really is THAT good to drive every day. Unfortunately, living with it every day was less fun, from the noise, to the crickety fuel pump, to just the lack of space and flexibility. For me, it would make a better second car than primary.

AW in a VW

Ready to race!
Brink does not have an alignment machine (ironically, I checked on this myself just this week).

Any idea what the alignment cost is at Soulspeed? I opted for Yost on my wife's TDI Sportwagen but I went to Soulspeed for my Revo Stage 1 and Colin and Janine were just super nice and on the ball.

On a side note, I'm counting this as my "Hi, I just picked up a GTI" post. Picked up a gently used 2013 GTI and sold my BRZ.

Was Colin able to port flash your car? I'm weighing other options as Uni seems to be dragging their feet with the port flash.

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Was Colin able to port flash your car? I'm weighing other options as Uni seems to be dragging their feet with the port flash.

Yep, took 30 or so minutes from start to finish. My only "complaints" now are: 1. Too much torque for the stock tires, 2. I suspect my clutch slips slightly in 5th-6th gear at WOT, but no other times, which doesn't seem to be super uncommon.

I would highly recommend going there - they seemed to run a week or less out for appointments.

Grizza

Ready to race!
all the Austin area Mk6'ers doing good?