GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
That IS a pretty awesome deal. Mine were $900 shipped to me and that was a good deal for these headlights.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Did they provide any contact info for who they spoke with at OSRAM?
F.kneer@osram.com is the address he gave. He said to say Cosmo sent you to get the lower price.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Good luck havin Osram respond back if you have any issues their communication/customer service blows.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
F.kneer@osram.com is the address he gave. He said to say Cosmo sent you to get the lower price.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I been trying to get Frederik to reply back since Feb 12th but I guess he picks and chooses who he replies to since they already got my 900. There is a reason why Mill City Auto stopped selling Osrams headlights.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
I been trying to get Frederik to reply back since Feb 12th but I guess he picks and chooses who he replies to since they already got my 900. There is a reason why Mill City Auto stopped selling Osrams headlights.

This is my biggest worry with these headlights, that type of customer service is simply unacceptable and with my luck I would be in the same boat. Disappointing that even a big company like OSRAM isn't willing to stand by their product.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
This is my biggest worry with these headlights, that type of customer service is simply unacceptable and with my luck I would be in the same boat. Disappointing that even a big company like OSRAM isn't willing to stand by their product.

Yes it's been pretty disappointing expected alot more from them but since these are technically sold by Osram in germany they could carless about us state side guys it seems like. Before my last email I sent to them I didn't get a reply for about 3 weeks

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

Also their "warranty coverage" is real vague they don't tell you what is covered and what is not.

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
Man, I would love to get these lights but this thread has me too concerned about the quality to pull the trigger. The "plug and play" aspect compared to going OEM is appealing. And the MK7.5 style LED DRL's look pretty sharp compared to the OEM LED "ring" of lights which is starting to look a bit dated.

But I don't want the frustration of dropping $1k+ and then having issues with the company not backing them up. I'm still tempted though, especially is OSRAM will sell me a set for $800 shipped like it said farther up in the thread.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Man, I would love to get these lights but this thread has me too concerned about the quality to pull the trigger. The "plug and play" aspect compared to going OEM is appealing. And the MK7.5 style LED DRL's look pretty sharp compared to the OEM LED "ring" of lights which is starting to look a bit dated.

But I don't want the frustration of dropping $1k+ and then having issues with the company not backing them up. I'm still tempted though, especially is OSRAM will sell me a set for $800 shipped like it said farther up in the thread.

I'm not sure if that pricing will still be available as it was limited. I got them for $880 shipped, although I think the actual price was supposed to be $905. Still waiting on shipping though, the distributor said they have to get another shipment in from Osram.

Leo_Freitas

Ready to race!
So, this is what happened to me.

I changed my car's radio. Using a Android Auto with a Maestro idatalink, without thinking, after setting up the Maestro I plugged it in to my odb port and tons of issues.

My DRL no longer work, I have tons of light erros... My guess is that somehow, stupid Maestro changed bite 18 (I don't even know if it's possible) and I can't get my DRL to work anymore.

Can you guys help out with how you guys for these headlights to work properly coded? Maybe what you long code looks like... I have literally tried everything I found. Tried every single bite 18 option and nothing. All other light options appear to be untouched... I know what else to try

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CHerna

Ready to race!
Do these require coding? If so, does anyone know where I can find the coding?

Thanks!

zef

Drag Racing Champion
No, no coding required.

Also, to maybe alleviate some service concerns, I had one headlight go out on me and I was directed to email a guy named Steffen from Osram who had a brand new headlight shipped to my door from Germany in a week.

CHerna

Ready to race!
No, no coding required.

Also, to maybe alleviate some service concerns, I had one headlight go out on me and I was directed to email a guy named Steffen from Osram who had a brand new headlight shipped to my door from Germany in a week.

Awesome. Thank you for the response!

smanierre

Autocross Champion