GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Slipping

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed
Dear all

My dsg is doing some hesitations in 4th gear at about 3000k rpm.
In first instance i tought was my exhaust leaking i checked all the exhaust but was working well, no leaks ( i put the resonator back (//just in case).
Then i changed the DV i remove the dv+ and put another dv but still slipping. (Then i get back to the dv+)
Then i did a dsg maintance put ravenol oil and i did a clutch learining, but still sipping.

I was thinking to get back to stage 1 eurodyne.
Or maybe stock.

If this not solve the issue i was thinking to do a tcu tune to increment the clamping force.

What do you thinks guys about this, somebody can solve a similar issue like this?.

Best regards.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
You would have to be heavily tuned to cause a stock DSG to slip in 4th gear at 3k rpm. Also, a slipping DSG would cause rpms to rapidly increase for a second or two without acceleration.

Hesitation can be associated with spark plugs and coil packs.

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed
You would have to be heavily tuned to cause a stock DSG to slip in 4th gear at 3k rpm. Also, a slipping DSG would cause rpms to rapidly increase for a second or two without acceleration.

Hesitation can be associated with spark plugs and coil packs.

It feels like the rpms starts to have some hesitation and climb until reach 4000k rpm then the car pulls normally.

Also the car did this sometimes,when you press the pedal full in 4 gear.

It is worth mentioning , the only fault vcds shows is a evap Incorrect purge flow error p0441 ( mechanic told me this is very commmon and "normal")

Last edited:

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
It feels like the rpms starts to have some hesitation and climb until reach 4000k rpm then the car pulls normally.

Also the car did this sometimes,when you press the pedal full in 4 gear.

It is worth mentioning , the only fault vcds shows is a evap Incorrect purge flow error p0441 ( mechanic told me this is very commmon and "normal")

Yeah I agree that it's a bit misguided to fault the DSG for this. It is either the tune or something engine hardware related. Hesitations are not the same as "slipping."

Honestly I'd suspect the PCV valve (can cause strange driveability issues, and you definitely want to stay on top of it to avoid rear main seal leaks, ask me how I know).

Edit: You also gotta run some logs to really be sure. Could be that the tune is a little too close to the edge and that the car is pulling some timing out. Or could be spark plugs as mentioned above. Def need more data.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Are you stage 2? Mine started doing false-neutrals and after getting a DSG tune that's no longer a problem.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Are you stage 2? Mine started doing false-neutrals and after getting a DSG tune that's no longer a problem.

False neutral should feel pretty abrupt, no? Moreso than a "hesitation" I'd think.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
False neutral should feel pretty abrupt, no? Moreso than a "hesitation" I'd think.

For sure. I had some hesitation issues as well. In the beginning it was hesitation from a stop then it got worse and started doing the false-neutral at about 4000 rpm.

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes dude, stage 2 Eurodyne.
Monday i will getback to stage 1 and i will check again.

If the problem does not solved i will change the PCV and replace valve cover gasket.

If this not solve the issue i will get back the car to stock.

DP: mine is different to false-netrauls, is like the car starts to climb until reach 4000 rpm.

Last edited:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Yes dude, stage 2 Eurodyne.
Monday i will getback to stage 1 and i will check again.

If the problem does not solved i will change the PCV and replace valve cover gasket.

If this not solve the issue i will get back the car to stock.

DP: mine is different to false-netrauls, is like the car starts to climb until reach 4000 rpm.

There is no valve cover gasket, it uses an anaerobic rtv-like sealant. The "valve cover" is actually the bearing cam girdle so without locking timing up the cams will be exposed and can come out of time when removing it.

soyfiti

Passed Driver's Ed
I getback to stage 1 and the issue still there.
I am gonna take off the downpipe and i will put the original one.

Uberryan

Banned
Why don't you swap out coil packs and spark plugs first? What codes is it throwing?

Uberryan

Banned
Best post from that thread above... since you just did a downpipe install...

Sounds like an exhaust leak. Check the welds and check the bolts on the turbo to make sure they are tight. Did you replace the exhaust gasket on the turbo when you did the downpipe? Maybe the Gasket failed. Ive over filled my gas tank many times to the point where its overflowing onto the paint and never got a cel from that.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
My car was misfiring at idle and at times hesitated when over 3k rpm along with rough gear changes.

Changed the spark plugs and all issues were gone. I had no code pop up either. My 4 plugs had carbon/burnt tips and one of the gapping was 0 for some reason and other 3 were fine.