GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie Question: Is there a OEM LED Tail that don't need coding?

ador

I have a 2012 4-door GTI (built April 2012). I have some newbie questions:

1. Does my car have a Rear Fog Light (I want to make sure that I order LED tail light that WILL NOT require any coding).

2. Is there a OEM LED Tail Light from any vendor that DOES NOT require any coding at all? (Straight plug and play, with harness).

I want to get Dark Cherry Red LED tail that WILL NOT require any coding (if possible). If coding is REALLY a must, can someone please recommend a reputable vendor for OEM LED lights? Also, if coding is really necessary, should I take it to VW dealership? Can anyone recommend a shop in Las Vegas, NV area that can do the coding (if I really have to).

OEM LED only please. Thanks.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Google for "vagcom locator". You'll find many people offering to help you for free or cheap like $10. Won't take more than 5 minutes.

No you don't need rear fog but you can choose that style if you like.

You can look around the forum for a group buy or BKStuning is a reputable overseas vendor.

JhnR

Banned
coding is a must

AXO

Go Kart Champion
The answer to your question is "No".

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Yeah i was wondering this also. I really dont wan to hassle with the coding to put in the Golf R Tails. :mad0259:

AXO

Go Kart Champion
It's really not that big of a deal. There is usually someone with Vagcom at most meets. Or you can do like many members and what I plan to do is buy a set of reps that don't need coding... The quality is not the same, but some of them are pretty nice (Depo). Plus LED Tail really improve the looks of an MK6 and in my opinion is a must!

jni3

Ready to race!
Newbie Question: Is there a OEM LED Tail that don't need coding?

That's the problem with the U.S. education system.

dcpppf

Ready to race!
DEPO reps come with resistor boxes that negate the need for coding. Plenty of people (including myself) code the resistor boxes out either way. I have no idea if those resistor boxes would work w/ OEM tails, but could always give it a try... If you could find someone to sell you their resistors.