GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Golf R Vs 2016 Focus RS

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Imagine the Focus RS with a tune tho...

Sent from my iPhone

I can't imagine driving another Ford. Ever. I've had three and they have been major headaches. Just something about the GTI/R exuding a more premium feel over the Ford that does it for me.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Wow, seeing striaght comparison interior pictures makes me heavily rethink the RS. Not to be a dash stroker, but you spend 100% of your time driving a car on the INSIDE. That RS interior (and dare I say exterior as well) looks like complete shit.

Drivetrain is on point though. But besides the torque vectoring AWD, I find it no better than the R.

^ this /thread..

I dont think interior is THAT bad. Compared to the WRX or the evo... But, the VW may have better look or maybe better materials -- all to be known after being in the car

Only if Ford brought the new mustang interior into this car.. sweet!

The WRX line was never meant to be upscale really, though it is getting better.

Neither was the EVO interior...

EVERY review of all three cars alone and side by side say that the EVO and STI perform better (excluding the mk7 R and new STI, I think the R has the STI beat finally..) than the VW. BUT they go back to the interior and its awesomeness.

interior wise the VW will not get beat by any of the three, powertrain wise, then yea. Reliably, well.. we'll see on all platforms when the time comes.

if you daily 90% of the time the R is what you would want.
if you rally around like nobody's business then give up some interior for more feels under the hood.

if your like me, ford could build an affordable rocket ship and I still wouldn't buy it..:rolleyes:

EDIT: My friend has a 2014 STI limited, and my other buddy has an Evo X. Sti is in between on comfort now about 50/50 compared to prev years, the evo interior other than the crazy buckets feels like lancer territory. driven both (6mt)

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I can't imagine driving another Ford. Ever. I've had three and they have been major headaches. Just something about the GTI/R exuding a more premium feel over the Ford that does it for me.

yeah because our cars are sooo reliable lol, water pump every 8k miles doesn't sound reliable to me... lol Each ford i've owned have been fine, taurus, focus svt, and fiesta.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
yeah because our cars are sooo reliable lol, water pump every 8k miles doesn't sound reliable to me... lol Each ford i've owned have been fine, taurus, focus svt, and fiesta.

Mine have had nothing but brake problems, leak problems, major interior rattles, super hard plastics inside, busy/cluttered interiors. I'd gladly deal with a water pump problem replaced under the part warranty over all of that. :)

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
^ this /thread..

The WRX line was never meant to be upscale really, though it is getting better.

Neither was the EVO interior...

EVERY review of all three cars alone and side by side say that the EVO and STI perform better (excluding the mk7 R and new STI, I think the R has the STI beat finally..) than the VW. BUT they go back to the interior and its awesomeness.

interior wise the VW will not get beat by any of the three, powertrain wise, then yea. Reliably, well.. we'll see on all platforms when the time comes.

if you daily 90% of the time the R is what you would want.
if you rally around like nobody's business then give up some interior for more feels under the hood.

if your like me, ford could build an affordable rocket ship and I still wouldn't buy it..:rolleyes:

EDIT: My friend has a 2014 STI limited, and my other buddy has an Evo X. Sti is in between on comfort now about 50/50 compared to prev years, the evo interior other than the crazy buckets feels like lancer territory. driven both (6mt)

Reliability is a non issue with Evos and anyone making that claim is just ignorant. I've owned 2 Evos, my wife owned one and my brother in laws now has 120k miles on his viii with 330/330 whp on a mustang dyno with no issues...ever. The X is a sleeved aluminum block and holds a whole lot of power reliably. Subaru had the ring land issue with the 2.5 but I cannot speak on the new motor.

I just get rather sick of people trying to pretend the Evo is some junk car that breaks down or has so many issues...it doesn't, and for those that do have problems with it, they are just sucky drivers.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Reliability is a non issue with Evos and anyone making that claim is just ignorant. I've owned 2 Evos, my wife owned one and my brother in laws now has 120k miles on his viii with 330/330 whp on a mustang dyno with no issues...ever. The X is a sleeved aluminum block and holds a whole lot of power reliably. Subaru had the ring land issue with the 2.5 but I cannot speak on the new motor.

I just get rather sick of people trying to pretend the Evo is some junk car that breaks down or has so many issues...it doesn't, and for those that do have problems with it, they are just sucky drivers.

read

Reliability of the new ford and new R's... obviously the new STi and the evo x are already out...

What was meant, when they are all out at once, then compare the reliably. Not once did I say the Evo was junk. get the sand out of your vagina.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Mine have had nothing but brake problems, leak problems, major interior rattles, super hard plastics inside, busy/cluttered interiors. I'd gladly deal with a water pump problem replaced under the part warranty over all of that. :)

It's not a lifetime warranty.. nice try tho.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
read

Reliability of the new ford and new R's... obviously the new STi and the evo x are already out...

What was meant, when they are all out at once, then compare the reliably. Not once did I say the Evo was junk. get the sand out of your vagina.

Very original insult. Oddly enough I was speaking more on the ignorant posters who talk about the Evos reliability rather than you specifically. Perhaps you should get the other penises out of your woman's vagina and you wouldn't be so wound up.

Last edited:

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
It's not a lifetime warranty.. nice try tho.

Nice try? Each water pump has a 1 year warranty. They usually fail way before that. I have had 2 of them replaced under warranty. No trying on my part.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nice try? Each water pump has a 1 year warranty. They usually fail way before that. I have had 2 of them replaced under warranty. No trying on my part.

There's that German reliability u were talking about right?

Sent from my iPhone

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone
I've owned 3 Germans for a total of 350k miles and spent less than $1000 to keep them going outside of regular maintenance. The fuck are you going on about with this sarcastic German reliability dribble? Are you so gullible to believe every stereotype you're told?

Maybe you haven't heard of the busted pistons and spun rings on the ST. I'd be VERY surprised if you've never seen a newer ford with bad paint. Or known someone who had to salvage their Ford due to frame rust. But hey, it's an American, so it's a great and reliable platform to start, right?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I've owned 3 Germans for a total of 350k miles and spent less than $1000 to keep them going outside of regular maintenance. The fuck are you going on about with this sarcastic German reliability dribble? Are you so gullible to believe every stereotype you're told?

Maybe you haven't heard of the busted pistons and spun rings on the ST. I'd be VERY surprised if you've never seen a newer ford with bad paint. Or known someone who had to salvage their Ford due to frame rust. But hey, it's an American, so it's a great and reliable platform to start, right?

1 bad apple spoils the bunch...I've had zero issues with my mk6 at almost 20k no coil packs, no plugs, no water pump...nothing. People love bad news and ignorantly spewing rumors as soon as they hear something

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone

More so than any other car I have had, internet warrior.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion