GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PODI disappointment with customer service

XZT123

Ready to race!
Where did you mount the filter that came with the kit?

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
My filter is right in front of the battery. Interesting that a few people are reporting the same issues but in email Winston made it seem like they never have issues. Still can't get a call back after leaving 2 messages.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
I mounted mine about 3 feet from the tap in the engine bay.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Its a long shot but maybe the heat of the engine bay is screwing with the filter and causing issues :iono:

I read somewhere that its recommended to put the filter and boost reading in the engine cabin. I have both the filter and reader in the cabin and have no issues.

I doubt that is your problem but maybe its worth a shot :iono:

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I just pulled the line from the sender unit and started up the car and got a nice strong sunction from the line so I don't believe its the filter. I think the sender just crapped out.

XZT123

Ready to race!
My filter is right in front of the battery. Interesting that a few people are reporting the same issues but in email Winston made it seem like they never have issues. Still can't get a call back after leaving 2 messages.

I mounted mine about 3 feet from the tap in the engine bay.

Guys.. you may need to move it under the dash. I mounted mine, at first, in the engine bay. I drove it, it worked great. I parked it, the heat built up under the hood and melted it. I had to go buy a new filter from the auto store. Take your filter off.. try blowing through it.. Can you? I'm not saying this is necessarily causing the weird problems you have, and maybe by now he switched to a different filter for all I know, but I'm just giving you a warning...

Look what happened to mine...

Last edited:

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
I'm still getting suction(strong) through mine at idle, my filter does look different, it's all clear. If they wanted installed inside then the instructions and included tubing lengths are wrong. They give you a fairly short clear line to go from the tap to the filter and then a very long black line to go from the filter to the sender.

RMill_SC

Passed Driver's Ed
Box up the piece of crap, get a tracking number to confirm it was delivered...call your credit card company and explain the situation and they'll issue you a refund and they'll deal w/Winston.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Update:
About two weeks ago I decided to keep calling and finally got through. Winston apologized and said they were backed up only having two people to do phones. He gave me a rma number and I sent it away and recieved a new sender in the mail today. I plugged it in and I am back functional. Hopefully they can remedy their customer service issues and be more timely as they offer a unique product. I'm still not sure I will go with them again given my experience but at least I will consider them.