GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Par for the Course - Rising Blue Golf .:R Build

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Okay... So since I'm in the US, this build is presently just meant to be somewhat of a hopeful undertaking (wishful thinking). But if it does come here, then I might be able to make it a reality. :thumbsup: Definitely I'd be springing for a 2-door with manual transmission. Don't really want/need a sunroof, but I probably wouldn't be able to opt out of that.
To me, the Golf R is an impressive car, so there's a lot about it that I wouldn't want to change. I've always loved the blue Mk4 & Mk5 R's, so Rising Blue Metallic would be a necessity.

Other Initial ideas for the Golf R:
-The exterior is great the way it is, so not really any "purely cosmetic" plans there.
Except maybe a badgeless front grille! :D I'm always in favor of that.

-The 19" wheel package would be great, because of the bi-xenons with the black housings, but I'd immediately dump the wheels and put on some gold 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

*If anyone wants to photoshop that combination (gold OZ wheels + badgeless), that would be awesome.

-Adam's Rotor's - Race, black zinc coated, w/ Black Hubs
-Forge Short Shift kit & 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushings - I really like the Diesel Geek kit, but not sure if my wife would be able to handle it.
-USP Stainless Steel Brake Lines

-Black Forest Industries mounts - Stage III Engine, Stage II Tranny, & Torque Arm Insert

-Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - although I have heard that this wheel/tire combination makes a strange harmonic sound ???

-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats - got my fingers crossed that they'll have this as a stateside option

-Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

-BSH VTA Catch Can - using one of these presently on my GTI and it works great.

Like I said, this build is presently just an idea here in the U.S., but if anyone's got a Rising Blue Golf R in other parts of the world, then be glad to steal my fire!

Last edited:

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
Interesting!!

Those gold OZs with the Rising Blue would make it look like a subaru lol

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
If they bring it... I'm getting a 4 door white Golf R and pretty much doing the same mods except with Black BBS rims:)

Please please please bring this stateside!!!

newgtigeorge

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay... So since I'm in the US, this build is presently just meant to be somewhat of a hopeful undertaking (wishful thinking). But if it does come here, then I might be able to make it a reality. :thumbsup: Definitely I'd be springing for a 2-door with manual transmission. Don't really want/need a sunroof, but I probably wouldn't be able to opt out of that.
To me, the Golf R is an impressive car, so there's a lot about it that I wouldn't want to change. I've always loved the blue Mk4 & Mk5 R's, so Rising Blue Metallic would be a necessity.

Other Initial ideas for the Golf R:
-The exterior is great the way it is, so not really any "purely cosmetic" plans there.
Except maybe a badgeless front grille! :D I'm always in favor of that.

-The 19" wheel package would be great, because of the bi-xenons with the black housings, but I'd immediately dump the wheels and put on some gold 17" OZ Alleggeritas.

*If anyone wants to photoshop that combination (gold OZ wheels + badgeless), that would be awesome.

-Adam's Rotor's - Race, black zinc coated, w/ Black Hubs
-Forge Short Shift kit & 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushings - I really like the Diesel Geek kit, but not sure if my wife would be able to handle it.
-USP Stainless Steel Brake Lines

-Black Forest Industries mounts - Stage III Engine, Stage II Tranny, & Torque Arm Insert

-Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec - although I have heard that this wheel/tire combination makes a strange harmonic sound ???

-OEM Recaro Sportster CS seats - got my fingers crossed that they'll have this as a stateside option

-Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers

-BSH VTA Catch Can - using one of these presently on my GTI and it works great.

Like I said, this build is presently just an idea here in the U.S., but if anyone's got a Rising Blue Golf R in other parts of the world, then be glad to steal my fire!

That'll work... not a fan of gold wheels, however. Fingers crossed that we get it in the US!

D

Deleted member 103021

I see you're going for the classic gold-wheel STI look!

I like it :)

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Well, looks like this build is going to become a reality! :D

Also, I confirmed that Black Forest Industries is working on a Stage III transmission mount.
Lastly, check this out. Arin posted these teaser shots over on GolfMkV the other day:

Attachments

• APR-20tfsi-carbonio-kit.jpg
    APR-20tfsi-carbonio-kit.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 395
  • APR-20tfsi-carbonio-assembled.jpg
    APR-20tfsi-carbonio-assembled.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 270

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
whats that teaser shot of? a "Race Carbonio"?? damn man your lucky your getting the .:R lol

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
That's the new Carbonio for the FSI engine. Compatibility with the Golf R has been confirmed.
Not "lucky" just yet. I gotta figure out how to tell my wife that I'm getting another new car... :iono:
I'm gonna be in the dog house for sure.

there was no carbonio for FSI before?? woah that took a while.. lmao goodluck with the wife :thumbsup::thumbsup: