GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need clutch issue help

allset

Go Kart Champion
Looking for a cheap oem dual mass flywheel if someone has one.

Allset, looking around to see how much the clutch disk is for the fx350, I may get back with you on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

K cool

allset

Go Kart Champion
Looking for a cheap oem dual mass flywheel if someone has one.

Allset, looking around to see how much the clutch disk is for the fx350, I may get back with you on it.

I think u can use other CM disks with the fx350
I'll sell the fw and pp for 300
Complete fx350 is over 1100 bucks iirc

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
What could have caused the heat warping though? I drive pretty mild 99% of the time.

Temperature shock most likely. Don't know by what magnitude, though. What in the last 6 months could have caused that, you think?

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Holy crap... did you break in the clutch when you had it installed?

This is also the first revision which has been known to fail... :\ I was worried this was the second revision (bc thats what I plan on putting in).

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Yes, broken in over about 700 miles at least. I hadn't been driving real long that day but long enough to have the engine up to temp for a few minutes which I would assume would be enough for the clutch.

Bad thing is I called APR before getting the clutch to make sure i was getting the new revision. They said they had just recieved some in so yes, probably not their fault but Southbend's for still sending out old units with known flaws. My part number on my shop invoice shows the same one as on the website but I don't know if the old revision had a different stock number.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Just placed an order for the rsr clutch and a flywheel. If anything, I figure the extra money may be worth it when I go to sell the car some day and the clutch sounds and feels oem like. That and the reviews seem pretty all around positive.

1stEuroRide

Ready to race!
My RSR gets delivered tomorrow, excited to hopefully install next week! Thanks everyone that I PM'ed for feedback. good luck Nola!

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Mine gets delivered tomorrow as well, shops says they should have in Monday!

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm very pleased with my RSR clutch. Been in for almost 1000 miles. It took a little getting used to... stiff pedal and a lot grabbier than I was used to, but after 900 or so miles, it honestly feels just like stock with a slightly stiffer pedal. Maybe that's just the clutch breaking in, me getting used to it, or a combination of both. But I am very happy with mine.

Winoman

Ready to race!
My Southbend wasn't nearly as F'ed up as the cracked one....but it was a bit of a mess (uneven wear & spring holder shorn off....shop said it was defective or installed without being properly lined up)....but on the positive side - the RSR went in today! (won't get to pick it up and drive it until Saturday at the earliest...)

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
So far I've had my SB stage 2 Daily new revision for 10K miles. Holds strong. Still as noisy as the day I had it installed.

This is kinda worrisome since the only difference between the old and new revision is the clutch disk. Also, mine makes almost as much chatter at idle as my friends stage 2 endurance old revision...