GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 wont boost over 10psi, blow off sound

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Have the car on ramps now but looking to see if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone. Normal driving is fine but when get to 10 psi I hear air escaping from the passenger side and no more boost is made. I have a 2012 so I "think" I have the piston type dv, should know for sure in about 30 minutes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Could be any of your intercooler pipes/Vacuum pipes, or like you mentioned your DV. Just do a once over all of it and tighten everything down.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
passenger side lower IC hose. has come off on many occasion. oh twintercooler? check your forge hose for splits or slips.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
passenger side lower IC hose. has come off on many occasion. oh twintercooler? check your forge hose for splits or slips.

Just realize has the Forge TC... that thing has leaks written all over it. I'd check all of that first as Sr. Plac has suggested.

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
And just found the cause. Clamp came loose on an intercooler hose!

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Btw, boost tap was loose also, put a zip tie on it since the barbs werent grabbing the hose very well anymore, who knows what I was losing there and didnt notice.

eight_heads

Passed Driver's Ed
Btw, boost tap was loose also, put a zip tie on it since the barbs werent grabbing the hose very well anymore, who knows what I was losing there and didnt notice.

Glad you got it figured out

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
Nola, were you getting coolant or oil around that area of the boost tap?

No, it seems like tube just got softer and less elastic. The tube also has yellowed (used to be clear).

Now I did have a little oil down by the intercooler hose that popped off.