GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 GTI vs 2011 A4 Insurance Price?

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have any idea, just in general, how much difference would insurance price cost for a 2010 GTI vs an Audi A4. My friends think it will be a ton and I don't. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanmk5

Go Kart Champion
I'd figure they would be around the same but my friends don't think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
GTIs are driven largely by flatbrim douchebros that like to drive fast and crash into things.

A4s are not.

Only one way to find out - hit up your insurance company for a quote. They'll just need a VIN from a 2011 A4. ;)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
GTIs are driven largely by flatbrim douchebros that like to drive fast and crash into things.

A4s are not.

Only one way to find out - hit up your insurance company for a quote. They'll just need a VIN from a 2011 A4. ;)

this, your friends probably judge on the badge.

Gavin1

My buddies A4 is cheaper than my golf tdi both on state farm. I have no accidents and he has 3 so yea cheaper...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Call your insurance company and ask :iono:

or run quotes online.

kendrickhphoto

Ready to race!
I was paying $225/month for my 2010 GTI, $200/month for my 2013 R and now $120/month for my 2014 S4. No tickets, no accidents just a claim for $1600 when something fell on the R.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I'm figuring that the A4 will be cheaper to insure. The GTI is a much sportier car. That's an automatic insurance increase.

BP11

Banned
GTI's are driven by kids who go racing and get in wrecks. My '12 S4 is going to be $100 less per year to insure than the GTI was.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
GTI's are driven by kids who go racing and get in wrecks. My '12 S4 is going to be $100 less per year to insure than the GTI was.

Yeah, good point. GTI's are driven by younger people, much more aggressive drivers. Even though the C6 Corvette convertible is a fast car, the insurance is dirt-cheap because most owners are in their 50's.

The GTI is the 4th most ticketed vehicle on the road.

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
Jeeze your insurance prices are high. My insurance is about $775 every 6 months, full coverage.

Maybe being on parents helps THAT much? I'm listed as the only driver and I live about 4 states away so IDK.

But back in high school my g35 was dirt cheap, few 17 year olds had one. Now the insurance price is starting to rise like crazy. Need to sell that car soon.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Jeeze your insurance prices are high. My insurance is about $775 every 6 months, full coverage.

Maybe being on parents helps THAT much? I'm listed as the only driver and I live about 4 states away so IDK.

But back in high school my g35 was dirt cheap, few 17 year olds had one. Now the insurance price is starting to rise like crazy. Need to sell that car soon.

yeah mine is 800 for two cars, but i'm 26. not married yet but i do have 2 tickets over the last two years.