GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chatter/Rattle on light throttle from full stop / low speeds

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed whenever i give the gas a little bit of gas from a complete stop/low speeds uphill or downhill, i hear rattling or chattering. I have gti mk6 dsg with 80k miles. i've looked online and few people say dsg noise is normal at low speeds but i noticed this sound only occurs whenever i am uphill or downhill and moving at low speeds with light throttle. Any help in tracking down the source of the noise is appreciated.

Uberryan

Banned
Dump the engine oil close to change out, and drop the pan. Look for metal fragments in either.

If there's some in there, you slipped a bearing.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
i dont think its detonation because it only happens when im at slow speeds on a incline/decline and whenever i do go full throttle i dont hear any rattling sounds. it might be the westgate sound but the criteria says medium to light throttle response, where as i am only giving light throttle. I will need to check my oil pan on my next oil change and hopefully the shop i go to can inspect the oil pan for any metal fragments

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
i dont think its detonation because it only happens when im at slow speeds on a incline/decline and whenever i do go full throttle i dont hear any rattling sounds. it might be the westgate sound but the criteria says medium to light throttle response, where as i am only giving light throttle. I will need to check my oil pan on my next oil change and hopefully the shop i go to can inspect the oil pan for any metal fragments

I don't think it's detonation either, the wastegate rattle can just sound similar to it. I'd check the wastegate rattle and install a clip first before chasing bigger issues.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
So i just reduplicated the sound and i noted that the sound is only apparent when i am moving at 5-10mph at 1k rpms and giving very light throttle on an incline/decline. going to try to get a better sound clip because the sound is very faint when i tried recording.

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Dogbone mount?

So just throwing it out there, but I definitely have experienced a noticeable rattle/chatter from a stop ever since installing my dogbone mount (CTS billet type). It's a noticeable chatter, but only on light acceleration from a stop. Def annoying, but I live with it.

It's also much more noticeable uphill or on very slow creeping from a stop.