GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Differential Needs Replacing ('10 GTI DSG)

zrickety

The Fixer
I feel like my DSG diff might have a little slop too. I'm running motul fluid and just saving for the MFactory LSD. Have you tried an adaptation?

s word

Ready to race!
I feel like my DSG diff might have a little slop too. I'm running motul fluid and just saving for the MFactory LSD. Have you tried an adaptation?

I see no mention of DSG tune. There are lots of high $$$ figures floating around here and i had all the same issues (minus the whining) and 100% fixed it with DSG tune. I was ready to sell my car until I got the DSG tune. Night and Day difference in the pedal engagement, trans engagement and anything related to odd behavior. Only issue that remains that after 2 hrs of stop and go traffic the trans acts a little funny, with the relays tripping on each pedal touch but other than that I am golden now.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I have APR DSG tune, and issues arose after the tune.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
did you ever find the cause of your symptoms? i'm having rough jerking form near stops in 1st gear 0-10mph and in reverse

This actually sounds like a classic Mechatronics issue. Especially the reverse part of things.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
This actually sounds like a classic Mechatronics issue. Especially the reverse part of things.

Im thinking if it was mechatronics would it happen during all gear shifts? because if im riding in gears 3-4-5-6 everything is smooth but issues only occurs when im doing a rolling stop low speed an reversing. I also notice on inclines its much worst in terms of if i need to come to a stop on a hill and once i let go of the brakes i dont feel the car inching forward so i give it throttle but there is a delay then a huge surge.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Im thinking if it was mechatronics would it happen during all gear shifts? because if im riding in gears 3-4-5-6 everything is smooth but issues only occurs when im doing a rolling stop low speed an reversing. I also notice on inclines its much worst in terms of if i need to come to a stop on a hill and once i let go of the brakes i dont feel the car inching forward so i give it throttle but there is a delay then a huge surge.

Are you tuned? I know that my APR Stage 1 tune is the cause of weirdness and surging around taking off from a stop. Planning to move to Stratified very soon.

Another potential culprit is the dual mass flywheel. I had mine replaced when my rear main seal was done, and that definitely cleaned up occasional harsh 1-2 shifts and clunking on takeoff.

Other than that, check out HumbleMechanic's video about how the different common DSG failure modes including mechatronics and clutch packs, see if his description fits your symptoms with consideration for the other potential culprits.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Haven't really figured it out. Have been driving on it this whole time (91k miles) and though it still makes noise and is a little jerky, it's still running fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you tuned? I know that my APR Stage 1 tune is the cause of weirdness and surging around taking off from a stop. Planning to move to Stratified very soon.

Another potential culprit is the dual mass flywheel. I had mine replaced when my rear main seal was done, and that definitely cleaned up occasional harsh 1-2 shifts and clunking on takeoff.

Other than that, check out HumbleMechanic's video about how the different common DSG failure modes including mechatronics and clutch packs, see if his description fits your symptoms with consideration for the other potential culprits.

Yes i am actually tuned with apr stage 1, by surging do you mean from a stop as you are applying throttle immediately after removing your foot from the brake, the car doesnt move for 1-2 sec then immediately jolts forward? i feel something banging possibly the tranmission.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Yes i am actually tuned with apr stage 1, by surging do you mean from a stop as you are applying throttle immediately after removing your foot from the brake, the car doesnt move for 1-2 sec then immediately jolts forward? i feel something banging possibly the tranmission.

Does the banging happen all the time or just occasionally? I had this happen occasionally before I had the DMF replaced. It used to feel like the clutches were much more grabby and jerky, but since replacing the flywheel (and PCV plate coincidently) the over-grabby feeling from the DSG on start is no more. Also, a rattling sound at idle is a classical DMF slop/wear symptom.

Otherwise, what I mean by surging is you put your foot on the accelerator and initially pull away more slowly than you expect, with manifold pressure staying in the vacuum range according to boost gauge, but without changing the angle of the accelerator pedal, the car then starts accelerating much more quickly than you expect with positive manifold pressure. This is 100% the tune, and it drives me bonkers.

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the banging happen all the time or just occasionally? I had this happen occasionally before I had the DMF replaced. It used to feel like the clutches were much more grabby and jerky, but since replacing the flywheel (and PCV plate coincidently) the over-grabby feeling from the DSG on start is no more. Also, a rattling sound at idle is a classical DMF slop/wear symptom.

Otherwise, what I mean by surging is you put your foot on the accelerator and initially pull away more slowly than you expect, with manifold pressure staying in the vacuum range according to boost gauge, but without changing the angle of the accelerator pedal, the car then starts accelerating much more quickly than you expect with positive manifold pressure. This is 100% the tune, and it drives me bonkers.

The banging sound only happens when I'm doing a rolling stop (0-10mph) and then press the throttle I feel the banging. On hilly inclines if Im icnhing forward and there's stop and go traffic I feel the banging when. I press the throttle. And also when I reverse to park and press the throttle. By pcv plate do h mean the whole pcv assembly? I currently ordered the latest revision and planning on installing it as a preventative maintenance