GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC light

99bajakid

Ready to race!
Today on my way to work I had to stop off at the gas station (running on fumes and the display showed I had "0" miles until empty). After filling up and driving for a min or so I noticed the EPC light was on. Since I have a manual I just turned it off and back on while driving (open road no one was around) and the light went off.

I know through some searching I should probably take it to a dealership, but i'm wondering if being so close to empty could for some reason throw this code?

I'll keep an eye on it, it runs fine has full power so :iono:

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Any further update on this? As luck would have it, mine came on after stopping by the dealer for water pump repair ( bringing it back tomorrow when the part comes in ).

Drove it to work and restarted, all seems fine. Any further issues with yours?

99bajakid

Ready to race!
nope, it was just that one time. No idea why it went on, but it hasn't come on since..

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
OK good to know. Dealer said they scanned mine but it came up with some 2010 service bulletin code .. which makes no sense since my car is a 2012. They called VW tech line to make sure and were told to just clear it and monitor for any further lights. Guess it was just some fluke thing.