GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
Daaaamn, bigshoulders, that craigslist...

13k on the odometer?!?

I've had my MkVI 1 month and 2 weeks, and I've put 4200 miles on it. At this rate, I'll be lapping this Fahrenheit in another 2 1/2 months. Such a crime to have the world's best daily driver and not drive it daily.
I'm thinking that it must belong to a Marine, since it's located in Havelock. I imagine that if he/she's been deployed, then it wouldn't be getting much attention.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I didn't buy my car at a VW Dealer, but I dealt with one many times while trying to get one.

Bob King VW in Wilmington. Go ask for Reed.

Real stand-up guy. I found my car at a wholesale dealer and went to him to see about the payment on a new GTI. When I told him about the car, he said go get it! Which by now, he wasn't saying that as a salesman, but as a friend.

I haven't dealt with the service department just yet, but I need to go get then new flash and get the rear washer dealt with.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Anyway, saw a white GTI pulling onto Avent Ferry near NCSU around 8pm. Any of you guys?

Nope, I was in Durham at the time, was it a mkV? Could have been the excited girl.

And big shoulders, thanks for the insight. I purchased my ride out of state. I'll be curious what kind of treatment I get when I roll in for warranties and scheduled servicing. I'll be sure to post my findings here.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I just got home from Bob King VW getting the recalls taken care of.

Everything was handled smoothly, and I'm very impressed.

It takes a lot to impress me.

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
I just got home from Bob King VW getting the recalls taken care of.

Everything was handled smoothly, and I'm very impressed.

It takes a lot to impress me.

Awesome man. That's always refreshing.

Cackalacka - as for that white GTI, it WAS a mk6. Now you're not the only white one in Raleigh! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN

MTH

Raleigh area here. 1st VW and only had it for a couple weeks now. Bought at Leith VW in Cary and good experience there. Hopefully I will get the same treatment from the service department. See you on the road!

Attachments

• GTIfront.jpg
    GTIfront.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 444

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Raleigh area here. 1st VW and only had it for a couple weeks now. Bought at Leith VW in Cary and good experience there. Hopefully I will get the same treatment from the service department. See you on the road!

Welcome aboard. Incidentally, that gray car: did you get the 2dr model that was 'gently-used' by a manager (i.e. had about 3k on the odometer?)

If so, I test drove it back in July as I was figuring out what route to take; many compliments on your ride, pretty mack. Unfortunately for me I had to go 4dr/manual, and there was nothing matching those characteristics south of New Jersey.

Cackalacka - as for that white GTI, it WAS a mk6. Now you're not the only white one in Raleigh! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN

Don't make me get all Highlander up in this joint.

Oh, and incidentally, the lady and I are fixing to wind back up the east coast. NC->Boston->Maine->White Mountains->Quebec->North East Kingdom->Adirondacks->NC by way of Appalachia, all in one week.

When we are done, hopefully we'll prove capable of tackling the gem of the east, better known as the NC/East Tennessee high-country. Gotta save my Tail of the Dragon virginity until the moment is right.

Any of you fellas have any road suggestions that are north-south between here and New England / NY / PA?

Anyway, since I've put just under 5k on this bad boy over the last 6 weeks, I'm going to go ahead and hit up the courtesy 90 day/6k vehicle inspection at Cary Auto Park (Leith) this afternoon. I'll hit y'all with my impressions of the service/facility in the not too distant.

MTH

Thanks! I had a hard time deciding between white or grey and ended up going with the manual United Grey w/ sunroof. The white totally stands out and looks awesome though. I'm still learning the car but everytime I drive it I can't get over how great it handles.

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Have you guys seen the weather for (not this but) next weekend? Shit, I am EXCITED. I'm trying to talk to people on the mkv forums so we can arrange a Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill group meet - get some food, talk about v-dubs. I'll keep everyone posted. Any suggestions on locations? Do we want beer? burgers? pizza? all of the above?

(I'm a Florida native btw, this seasons changing thing is pretty cool)

and sorry Cackalacka, I've got nothing to give to the road-trip convo. The Blue-Ridge Parkway is always a blast, but it may be a little out of your way.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
and sorry Cackalacka, I've got nothing to give to the road-trip convo. The Blue-Ridge Parkway is always a blast, but it may be a little out of your way.

Dude, I'm going to impart some timeless wisdom I learned last month driving my new ride back from NJ: the Blue Ridge Parkway is only out of your way if you're driving a Prius.

Driving a beautiful touring vehicle up I-85, between Henderson and Petersburg is a crime against humanity.

If you're coming back from the City, going west and taking 80-something to Harrisburg or Scranton and spilling through the Shenandoah 1) gets you out of the beasts of Balt-Wash 2) lines you up perfectly for the BRP; get about 110 quality BRP miles where you are screaming like Bo/Luke/Coye/Vance (take your pick) until you get to Roanoke, then you can take a number of blissful side streets back to G-boro/Graham/40 East. Total diversion time over I95/85: 1.5-2 hours, much less if you avoided DC between 4-6 p.m.

And you save yourself the insanity of the beltway and southern Virginia.

Oh, and as for the inspection at Cary Autopark VW (Leith) so far so good.

John at the service desk was mega chill, and I dug the popcorn. In-and-out: 1/2 hour. I thought the 6k/90 courtesy inspection would be more rigorous (i.e. check out the oil filter) rather than them looking at pressures and levels (something I try to do weekly anyway) but still a good piece of mind before I attempt to crush 14 states' and 1 province's 2-lane mountain roads over the course of a week. Thank God I got the extended warranty; at this rate, we'll cross 36k by Christmas.

Anyway, I'm going to sign off now and get ready for an epic road trip; weather permitting this baby's going to the top of Mt. Washington mid-morning Tuesday.

I'll check back in once we're back in the states, if y'all are doing something and we're back in town, and my car and I don't smell too much, I may cross paths with yall next weekend. If y'all are looking to spin as well as talk, I might suggest there are quite a few nice little bends in Alamance/Orange/Vance counties, right past the fall-line.

MTH

KSGARCIA: Bavarian brathaus in Cary would be a cool place to end for beers!

MTH

DAS AUTO asleep in bed

here's a better pic... I can't stop looking at her!:happyanim:

Attachments

• GTIasleep1.jpg
    GTIasleep1.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 460

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
haha, UG looks great! When are the mods coming? :D

and I'm in for the beers. Maybe we meet up somewhere, talk cars, go for a little spin, then end up at the Brathaus?

JDVW

Sorry I have not been on for a while as I have been out of town a bunch and getting settled. I am definitely up for a meet with some other VW owners.

I also have been over to visit Leith VW in Cary and was very impressed with the Autopark over there. It reminds me of the place I used to work, and will be taking my car there for all the service's under warranty. I will probably take it until the powertrain warranty is up, and then consider an independent mechanic.