GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 stock turbo runs 11's new 1/4 record

andrewha

Passed Driver's Ed
Mod for mod isn't really fair, I'd hope the next generation car would have been better than the last, I think vw would have screwed up if it wasn't... Now if you wanna compare like total price invested Im sure you can make an mk6 faster than a mk7, but then that' buying a new car vs a used car lol, trust me no one is dodging anybody, stage 2 mk6s make like 260 whp vs 300+ from mk7s.. I'd expect the same from stage 2+ as well (ko4 vs is38)

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Mod for mod isn't really fair, I'd hope the next generation car would have been better than the last, I think vw would have screwed up if it wasn't... Now if you wanna compare like total price invested Im sure you can make an mk6 faster than a mk7, but then that' buying a new car vs a used car lol, trust me no one is dodging anybody, stage 2 mk6s make like 260 whp vs 300+ from mk7s.. I'd expect the same from stage 2+ as well (ko4 vs is38)

Lol, I was only kidding. :thumbsup:

To be honest with you VWs competition is not in house.

The MK6 vs MK7 is actually moot in my opinion, especially when you have Ford, Honda, Subaru, and other competitors launching their newer generation affordable sport cars with crazy performance figures - it forces VW to step up their game. (Which they did!)

If we go back 2 generations, VW didn't really need to do much to stay competitive from the MK5 to MK6, but now its a completely different story.

Last edited: