GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAN YOU CLEAN MK6 OEM LED TAILS?

avni

Ready to race!
trying to buy used OEM LED TAILS.

he showed me a photo with some plant debris that got inside the reflector area of the lights. He said that he never really attempted to clean it out before he didnt want to mess with the lights.

Does anyone know if its possible to maybe vacuum or open up the OEM LED TAIL LIGHTS to remove this, and properly close them back with out damaging them?

thanks brothers and sisters

Attachments

• tails.jpg
    tails.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 228

PromoFLB

Ready to race!
I'm curious also in order to remove stuff inside when such case happens. Please let us know.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Just some life advise... When you post a thread title in all caps, in two different sub-forums, it makes people want to find a way to stab you through their computer screen. Not to mention you will get zero help.

avni

Ready to race!
Sorry my Lord.

Will never happen again LMAO

which is worse caps or double post ? ����

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
trying to buy used OEM LED TAILS.

he showed me a photo with some plant debris that got inside the reflector area of the lights. He said that he never really attempted to clean it out before he didnt want to mess with the lights.

Does anyone know if its possible to maybe vacuum or open up the OEM LED TAIL LIGHTS to remove this, and properly close them back with out damaging them?

thanks brothers and sisters

Remove the reverse bulb and vacuum it out. It should come out no problem. You can use a shop vac and insert silicone hose inside the vac hose and cover the excess, then you have a mini shop vac hose.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
one of the first ever posts i made on this website was asking how to remove a dead spider from a headlight on my new at that time car.

the ingenious solution? empty ketchup/windex bottle... attach silicone hose to other end. squeeze bottle, then insert tubing into headlight housing and aim for paint, release bottle to suction it out.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Just some life advise... When you post a thread title in all caps, in two different sub-forums, it makes people want to find a way to stab you through their computer screen. Not to mention you will get zero help.

Guess he got help after all :rolleyes::clap:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Remove the reverse bulb and vacuum it out. It should come out no problem. You can use a shop vac and insert silicone hose inside the vac hose and cover the excess, then you have a mini shop vac hose.

Top tip: shop vac, duct tape connection to straw. Use straw through the bulb holder location. Used to her this to vacuum out my xterras spark plugs lol.