GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stg 2 vs. 2009 335i

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
What is my best chance against an AUTO stock 2012 335i with M package? It still has the basic 335i engine, not the upgraded is engine.

My mods listed in my sig

I know I'll win the race, but is a 30 roll or a 20 roll better?

Thanks and I'll report back this weekend :thumbup:

*this is a 2012 not a 2009. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same performance wise though

steemax

Go Kart Champion
What is my best chance against an AUTO stock 2012 335i with M package? It still has the basic 335i engine, not the upgraded is engine.

My mods listed in my sig

I know I'll win the race, but is a 30 roll or a 20 roll better?

Thanks and I'll report back this weekend :thumbup:

*this is a 2012 not a 2009. I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same performance wise though

I have faith in you! :laugh:
but seriously, I have no idea. I'd say you have a chance, a pretty good one at that.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
ummm... I wouldnt necessarily call it a victory already

The newer N55 seems to be *less* underrated from the factory than the N54 (the is uses a slightly tuned up version of the N54) so youll have a slightly better chance than an older one I suppose. But I have heard their automatics are quite good for a slushbox.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
No offense, I wouldnt give a stage 2 GTI anything faster than a 5.5 0-60. FWD<<<RWD from a dig.

But your chances are better with a vert thats for sure.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
No offense, I wouldnt give a stage 2 GTI anything faster than a 5.5 0-60. FWD<<<RWD from a dig.

But your chances are better with a vert thats for sure.

Yeah im not saying I'll destroy him, it will for sure be close, but I'm pretty sure I'll win this one.

Also, I got this 0-60 2 months ago straight from an OBD adapter/timer that begins when the car tells it the wheels are moving!

Stock tires, ~65 degrees, launch control in S

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Yeah im not saying I'll destroy him, it will for sure be close, but I'm pretty sure I'll win this one.

Also, I got this 0-60 straight from an OBD adapter/timer that begins when the car tells it the wheels are moving!

:yikes: Didn't know our Stage 2's were capable of such numbers.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
What can I say, I'm a skeptic. Video that shit and lets see how it goes...

I spend too much time in the vs. section. I always tell myself I'm gonna stay away too :eek:

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
They aren't :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol?

Obviously a manual can't pull a 5.0 but with launch control it is possible.

And you can't deny it, it literally happened. :laugh: There's a few Stage 2'ers on here that have gotten a 5.0

DougDome

Go Kart Champion

Also, I got this 0-60 2 months ago straight from an OBD adapter/timer that begins when the car tells it the wheels are moving!

5 seconds 0-60 is not happening on a stage 2 gti. Plac did a bunch of runs 0-60 and videotaped them and the fastest he could do is like a 5.7 seconds.

I really hope you're not stupid enough to think you can get 0-60 in 5 seconds...

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
I really hope you're not stupid enough to think you can get 0-60 in 5 seconds...

But he did it with his OBD-II Droid phone app so its gotta be legit

Do I really have to be the bearer of bad news here?

P

plac

5 seconds 0-60 is not happening on a stage 2 gti. Plac did a bunch of runs 0-60 and videotaped them and the fastest he could do is like a 5.7 seconds.

on stage 2 i might have dipped into 5.6x or so. stage 1 i got a 5.45s, since stage 1 is faster 0-60.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I seriously cannot wait until this kid gets his license taken away by the police or his parents take his car away. I hate that I drive the same car as this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.