GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southeast

Old 07-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #29
Dante_Rez
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2014 Wolfsburg GTI DSG
Sounds like a meet in the 11th is out. We pushing it to next month?
Dante_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:52 PM   #30
ultimateskier
Autocross Champion

Drives: '13 R CSG 2DR 6MT
Got some new sticky Bridgestones today! The Potenza Pole Position S-04's. Had a flat this am on the stock all season dunlops (tread almost depleted) and decided to pull the trigger instead of waiting another month. Such a different feel with a set of summer performance tires. Wish the Yokohama parada spec-2s were still in the market (had them on a Miata, best tire I ever put on a car I owned) but pretty happy with the S04s.

I know Billy has the RE-11s (thought about me but were just a tad bit pricier option). Curious how folks feel with their tire options. Feel free to share thoughts.
APR Stage I+ / UM Haldex tune / LED tails / DGSS / CTS turbo CAI / Neuspeed Sport Springs / Stoptech Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Pads / ESC defeat / 034 Motorsports dogbone / Potenza PP S-04 / VAG tweaks
ultimateskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #31
Dante_Rez
Oval Newbie

Grats on the new stickies. I've got a bit on new rubber myself. Hopefully we'll have a meet coming up. Got SS lines, rear wiper delete, brake stiffening kit to do. Repainted the grill stripes and rear emblem dark metallic purple. Painting the calipers black. Hopefully it looks good when all said and done.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #32
ultimateskier
Autocross Champion

APR came out with a no-lift shift and launch rev mode for the MT golf R. Looks like when I go get stage 1 they found a way of removing $200 more bucks from my wallet...
APR Stage I+ / UM Haldex tune / LED tails / DGSS / CTS turbo CAI / Neuspeed Sport Springs / Stoptech Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Pads / ESC defeat / 034 Motorsports dogbone / Potenza PP S-04 / VAG tweaks
Old 07-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #33
Lovemymk6
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 CW Mk6

Any of you guys going here later today? Trying to convince my GF to come with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CW Mk6 - APR k04 v3.1, APR mobile, APR CF Carbonio 1&2, Golf R FMIC, Forge DV, Neuspeed Hiflow TDP, Suplen Charge pipe, B&B FTB, Accuair E-Level, Airlift SLAM series, APR front&rear sway bars, AutoTech LEM, Ecode Pully, S4 coil packs, SBE Stage 2clutch&flywheel, HPA 6" piston BBK red, Stoptech SS brake lines, Rays VR Forged G25 18", NeoChrome lugs, Hankook RS3, Ground Control Camber kit front.
Lovemymk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:09 AM   #34
Yo.SeungHyun
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 Candy White 4Door GTI DSG
wow this thread has been dead we have a meet this coming sat on the 8th, please say yay or nay to follow up with the meet, for people over 21 there will be a beer prize for the cleanest car on the parking lot
2013 Candy White 4D DSG GTI | SPM DP | APR Stage II |APR Carbonio Stage I / II | VWR Sways| DriversGear Springs | B8 Shocks | NewSouth Boost Gauge | Euro LED Tails | JL System |Potenza RE-71R| Yakima WhispBars | VAG Tweaks |
Yo.SeungHyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #35
rkellis
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI 4DR DSG
I'm in. Looking forward to hanging out.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
APR Stage 2 / APR Stage 1 Intake / APR DP / P3 Gauge / Depo LED Tails / LED Turn Signals / Euro mirrors / Climatic / NUESpeed RS with Endlinks / VW Swag / Smoked side markers (Sylvania 2827 LL amber bulb) / UNIBrace UB / DeAuto Interior LED Kit / 35% Tint / ECS Hatch Pop Kit / Misc VAG Tweaks
rkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #36
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2016 Oryx White Golf R DSG w/DAP
I am in. Car won't be the cleanest though...
Old 08-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #37
Dante_Rez
Oval Newbie

I should be able to make it. Detailed my ride last weekend
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #38
ultimateskier
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo.SeungHyun View Post
wow this thread has been dead we have a meet this coming sat on the 8th, please say yay or nay to follow up with the meet, for people over 21 there will be a beer prize for the cleanest car on the parking lot
I will make an effort to hang out after my girl is down. She sleeps 9-10 hours straight now, but prob won't be there till after 7:30pm. Also won't be the cleanest on the lot but save me a spot. Have missed all your faces and look forward to seeing you.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #39
TheMadChemist
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2013 4 door GTI Autobahn Edition
Just registered on this site and saw there was an Atlanta thread on here, thought I'd check in. Just bought my GTI a couple weeks ago, glad to know there are meets in and around Atlanta. How long do they normally last? The car/truck club I'm in puts on a cruise-in every 3rd friday of the month in dallas georgia(out past six flags). No certain vehicles types. Usually a good mix of everything from imports, to minitrucks, mud trucks, and classics.
TheMadChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #40
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateskier View Post
I will make an effort to hang out after my girl is down. She sleeps 9-10 hours straight now, but prob won't be there till after 7:30pm. Also won't be the cleanest on the lot but save me a spot. Have missed all your faces and look forward to seeing you.
Hope to see you! Been a minute!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #41
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChemist View Post
Just registered on this site and saw there was an Atlanta thread on here, thought I'd check in. Just bought my GTI a couple weeks ago, glad to know there are meets in and around Atlanta. How long do they normally last? The car/truck club I'm in puts on a cruise-in every 3rd friday of the month in dallas georgia(out past six flags). No certain vehicles types. Usually a good mix of everything from imports, to minitrucks, mud trucks, and classics.
Willkommen! Yeah, there are more than a couple. A few of us live pretty far north, so that's why we ended up settling on Alpharetta. Hope it's not too far for you, the more the merrier.

That cruise sounds pretty good, like the variety. We are a fairly small group, but we tend not to be "punkish" if that makes sense. We mix well with others, but we're a little too boring for the super stance crowd, VTECboyz, etc. Not that we all weren't there at some point..... Loved both of my CRXes (non VTEC tho).

Hope you can make it! 6-ish at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Mansell in Alpharetta. A couple of us have VCDS as well, so you can get VAGCOM tweaks for beer if needed....

EDIT: Err, I guess I should have said Saturday the 8th.

Last edited by ShrekSquatch; 08-08-2015 at 05:18 PM.
ShrekSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #42
BensWhtgti
Ready to race!

Drives: Volkswagan Gti
So when is the next meet
BensWhtgti is offline   Reply With Quote