GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #113
AF-MKVI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 DSG GTI & 2011 DSG TDI
Tested on indentical 328i's the PSS was able to pull 1.07g's compared to the Hankook pulling .90... how much money would you spend on suspension mods to get that kind of improvement? They are well worth the price jump over the Hankooks, they are in a completely different league...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=149

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=148

Also the PSS WET lap time is faster than the V12's DRY time...well worth it.
2011 DSG GTI- APR Stage II -APR Carbonio I&II -Eurojet DP V1 -Neuspeed C/B -Godspeed FMIC -Neuspeed IDP -AWE TOP -R8 Coils -034 Engine & Trans Mounts -Neuspeed Tq Mount Insert -H&R Sport Springs -MKV Bilstein B8's -TT Strut Mounts -Passat FCA's -H&R 28mm F&R Sways -UltraRacing Mid Brace -Stern Brace -Maniacs DSG Paddles -AWE Boost Gauge -OEM Front Lip -Underbody Aero -RS3 Brake Ducts -17" Nurburgrings's w/ 235 DW's-Neuspeed Rotors -Stoptech Pads -USP SS Lines -Tyrolsport Bushings>13.26@105.10
AF-MKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #114
VMRWheels
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: Golf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jansonchan226 View Post
After some intense research on the V12s and PSSs, I am back to square one.... The PSS are definitely better than the V12s, no doubt. But the V12s performance is definitely best of their price range. I don't mind paying more for the PSS, but it seems like the performance gain you get from the PSS is not worth the 400bucks difference, and they perform better in rain.
+1 The Pilot Super Sports are no doubt an excellent tire. However, the Ventus V12s are, in my opinion, one of the best bang for your buck tires. You get a great quality tire at an affordable price
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #115
chrisisnapping
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Bye: GTI DSG Hello: Mustang GT 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-MKVI View Post
Tested on indentical 328i's the PSS was able to pull 1.07g's compared to the Hankook pulling .90... how much money would you spend on suspension mods to get that kind of improvement? They are well worth the price jump over the Hankooks, they are in a completely different league...

psh you know we are only worried about which tires provide the least amount of wheel spin when launching/going WOT in first or second gear.

New: Stock for now.
chrisisnapping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #116
DarkCloak
Banned

Drives: 2010 VW GTI Ice Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF-MKVI View Post

When you really break it down $50/tire plus shipping is pretty minimal. Especially when you consider how long the tire will last.
DarkCloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #117
JhnR
Banned

Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
Little update on the rebates, after i got $100 off from purchasing off eBay, i also sent in a rebate form from Hankook hoping i can get the $80 which they had with the promo. While i didn't think its gonna work, well it did, just received the $80 addition to the $100 from tiredirect.
JhnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #118
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
I also did both rebates and just got my rebate from Hankook, so you should get yours too.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #119
GunKata
Jawnie Sanders

Drives: '11 Pcar, '04 Honda CRV AWD Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhnR View Post
Little update on the rebates, after i got $100 off from purchasing off eBay, i also sent in a rebate form from Hankook hoping i can get the $80 which they had with the promo. While i didn't think its gonna work, well it did, just received the $80 addition to the $100 from tiredirect.
holy shit! that's awesome man, well done

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:52 AM   #120
JhnR
Banned

Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
Yeah i know i was excited! I snatched a really good deal, $180 rebate.
JhnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #121
jansonchan226
Banned

Drives: 2012 GTI
unfortunately, those rebates arn't avaliable in Vancouver. States only.... but I have decided on the PPS. I have winter tires so I want max summer. and PPS seem fit my needs (max performance dry and wet). If I didnt get winters, i would have gotten the DWS.
jansonchan226 is offline   Reply With Quote