GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
SkullV
Banned

Drives: 2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Maiuri View Post

Why are you getting a DP and flashed to stage I? Gains with a DP are somewhat negligible and not needed for Stage I. You may as well flash up to Stage II if you are getting the DP installed.
Cool! Another guy who has no idea what they are talking about!

Most of the gains are from the hardware, stage 2 does add a little on top though and drivability is improved.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
JhnR
Banned

Drives: Lemon mk6 GTI
Get a DP with a CAT. If you get catless run it with the Magnaflow, is gonna sound RASPY. Get a CAT, non-resonated if you want more sound.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Arin@APR
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
CW12, if you go with APR we have a full product line that can take you from your standard 200 HP all the way to over 500 HP with APR hardware and software modifications. It's an easy program to follow and there's always support through the entire modding process.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
Lou Maiuri
Banned

Drives: One Tray Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
Cool! Another guy who has no idea what they are talking about!

Most of the gains are from the hardware, stage 2 does add a little on top though and drivability is improved.
Thanks for the info actually, albeit in a snarky tone, I did not know that hardware had that much play. Makes sense now in terms of gripping the road with tires, improving air flow to the turbo and afterwards. Cheers
Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
Storch
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Send a message via AIM to Storch Send a message via Skype™ to Storch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
CW12, if you go with APR we have a full product line that can take you from your standard 200 HP all the way to over 500 HP with APR hardware and software modifications. It's an easy program to follow and there's always support through the entire modding process.
+1 for APR
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
Lou Maiuri
Banned

Drives: One Tray Fi
Quote:
Arin, not to thread jack, but any idea if there will be a discount for 2.0 fsi carbonios at H20i this weekend? I ordered a p flo from MJM but I'm getting antsy and I'm going to be in MD this weekend and a free install sounds tempting.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
Modshack
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '13 Beetle TDi Conv., '14 C7 Chebby
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW12 View Post

As for someone mentioning Stage II, I don't want to do that right now because the clutch will be toast. .
How the clutch holds up is pretty much up to you. Stg 2, being a bit smoother and more linear, might actually be easier on the clutch if you exercise some restraint. Programs don't kill clutches, people do...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #22
Arin@APR
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Maiuri View Post
Arin, not to thread jack, but any idea if there will be a discount for 2.0 fsi carbonios at H20i this weekend? I ordered a p flo from MJM but I'm getting antsy and I'm going to be in MD this weekend and a free install sounds tempting.
Yes, there will be! we announced the sale already, but you probably can't find the announcement as it's listed somewhere in some sub forum not really used by anyone on here (per the rules)
Old 09-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
JhnR
Banned

Plus APR has better customer service than Revo..

been there done that..
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
JhnR
Banned

Quote:
I am planning to buy a DP and have it installed as well as a Stage 1 Flash at the same time. Now my question is first which Downpipe? Second I have a Magnaflow CBE I plan to go catless, should I get resonated? Third Should I do APR or Revo? I have an APR dealer about 80 miles away and a Revo dealer about 50 miles away. I had a Revo flash on my old 1.8T Passat and it was great, never had anything APR though.
Is this the only two tuners you have close by? How bout GIAC or Unitronic. They're both great tunes and very good customer service from both.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #25
RevoTechnik-GM
Autocross Champion

Drives: VW, Audi, Porsche
Quote:
I am planning to buy a DP and have it installed as well as a Stage 1 Flash at the same time. Now my question is first which Downpipe? Second I have a Magnaflow CBE I plan to go catless, should I get resonated? Third Should I do APR or Revo? I have an APR dealer about 80 miles away and a Revo dealer about 50 miles away. I had a Revo flash on my old 1.8T Passat and it was great, never had anything APR though.
PM sent.

Convenience is sometimes a factor which is why many people suggest going to the dealer who is closest to you, but I suggest going to the dealer who can best support you.

If you're doing a down-pipe, you are a candidate for Stage 2 software, which will show a substantial improvement when used in combination with the appropriate hardware.

I believe I have a solution for you that will cover the DP, the software, competitive pricing, after-sale support, and future upgrade potential,... all on par or ahead of comparable brands.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #26
CW12
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 12' CW GTI,12' Accord,08' Sprint ST
Well then I may just go Stage 2 and be easy on it until I update the clutch. I assume as long as I don't launch it or drag race it I should be fine. Normal daily driving surely can't do much harm to it and the occasional 2-3 rip. I have also discovered a very reputable shop near the what I found to be shady APR shop that does GIAC. He claims the GIAC stuff is awesome and their support is awesome. I really want APR, but don't want to deal with my shady dealer that doesn't have a working phone currently. I haven't heard much good or bad on GIAC.
2012 4-DOOR GTI - APR STAGE 2, SPM RACE DOWNPIPE, MAGNAFLOW CBE, KONI COILS, 42DD 20MM WHEEL SPACERS, EURO SWITCH, CM FX350/FLYWHEEL, SPM TORQUE MOUNT, USP BRAIDED CLUTCH LINE, ECS BILLET CLUTCH BLEEDER AND S3 SHORT SHIFTER.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #27
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2016 Triumph Street Triple R
Send a message via AIM to NoRegrets78
Quote:
Yes, there will be! we announced the sale already, but you probably can't find the announcement as it's listed somewhere in some sub forum not really used by anyone on here (per the rules)
*ahem*

Still waiting on my Carbonio. Ordered 8/21, charged in full. Still no ship

I haz a sad.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #28
CW12
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 12' CW GTI,12' Accord,08' Sprint ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoTechnik-GM View Post
PM sent.

Convenience is sometimes a factor which is why many people suggest going to the dealer who is closest to you, but I suggest going to the dealer who can best support you.

If you're doing a down-pipe, you are a candidate for Stage 2 software, which will show a substantial improvement when used in combination with the appropriate hardware.

I believe I have a solution for you that will cover the DP, the software, competitive pricing, after-sale support, and future upgrade potential,... all on par or ahead of comparable brands.
Didn't get the PM.
2012 4-DOOR GTI - APR STAGE 2, SPM RACE DOWNPIPE, MAGNAFLOW CBE, KONI COILS, 42DD 20MM WHEEL SPACERS, EURO SWITCH, CM FX350/FLYWHEEL, SPM TORQUE MOUNT, USP BRAIDED CLUTCH LINE, ECS BILLET CLUTCH BLEEDER AND S3 SHORT SHIFTER.

Closed Thread