GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southeast

Old 09-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #57
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '11 BMP 2Dr DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by khasanee View Post
Hello, Northeast Columbia here! New to the forums and the GTI world, just recently purchased a 2012 GTI 10 days ago and I am absolutely loving it.
There are some car meets in columbia on fridays and saturdays. If you have a facebook look for the "select modified crew" page. Ignore all the childish bs and look for the events they post. Most of the kids at the friday meets are immature. So the actual events they have are nice because its a wide range of people from around the area. There is also cars and coffee on saturday mornings in Cola. Just know that you may be the only or one of a few Euros at many meets. Unless I happen to make it up there from Sumter. If you have any questions please ask.
barnes93cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #58
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtownVW View Post
2011 CSG GTI in Charleston! Just moved down here a month ago. Got a big dent on the door. Any suggestions on good local shops? PPPPLEASE
There are two performance shops that work on Euros in charleston.

European Road and Racing
JK Automotive

They should be able to point you towards a good body shop. There is also the facebook page "Charleston Dubs" and "Low Country Volkswagen Club". There are many dubbers in the charleston area and im sure one of them will be able to assist you.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #59
khasanee
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes93cb View Post
There are some car meets in columbia on fridays and saturdays. If you have a facebook look for the "select modified crew" page. Ignore all the childish bs and look for the events they post. Most of the kids at the friday meets are immature. So the actual events they have are nice because its a wide range of people from around the area. There is also cars and coffee on saturday mornings in Cola. Just know that you may be the only or one of a few Euros at many meets. Unless I happen to make it up there from Sumter. If you have any questions please ask.
Awesome thanks! I will have to check it out, would be a great way to start off the weekend!
khasanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #60
BtownVW
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 Carbon Steel 4dr GTI DSG
Quote:
There are two performance shops that work on Euros in charleston.

European Road and Racing
JK Automotive

They should be able to point you towards a good body shop. There is also the facebook page "Charleston Dubs" and "Low Country Volkswagen Club". There are many dubbers in the charleston area and im sure one of them will be able to assist you.
thank you sir!
BtownVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #61
Charleston_Guy
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '14 VW GTI/ 03 Beetle Turbo S
Super Late

Moncks Corner, SC here, and I'm checking in with my 2014 GTI candy white DSG. I have a Unitronic Stage 2 ECU and TCU, Unitronic TBE, Unitronic Intake, and R8 coil packs. This is my second GTI, my first being a 2012 3DR CSG DSG. That car got totaled out, and I can share my story in a new thread if anyone is interested (pictures included). I also have a '03 Beetle Turbo S that I drive to work during the week with.
Charleston_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #62
VanDorin91
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 Candy White DSG GTI
We need more SC VW people!
Old 11-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #63
VanDorin91
Formula 5000 Driver

Im currently deployed but will be back in SC towards the end of January.

I have clean Gti plaid seats. 4 door and heated of course. They are in great condition, the car only has about 20k on it.

I really want to trade for some plain black 4 door and heated seats from a Tdi or whatever. If theyre in good condition ill even add cash on top.

IF you have power seats and heat then i can trade the entire seats. If not then I would like to trade just the covers. Basically, as long as I dont lose my power and heat ill do whichever haha.

Like I said I wont be in SC until January unfortunately, but if youre interested and are in the SC area please hit me up.

I see plaids for sale on here all the time. Im hoping it wont be hard for me to trade them for "lesser" tdi/golf seats.

Also, for the record, no im not a fan of leather.

I can also trade arm rests and shiftboots for non red stitched ones if you want to do that with the seats, but im mainly concerned about the seats haha. I can get rid of red stitching, cant get rid of the plaid.

Hopefully i can make someone with a Golf or Tdi happy lol

Thanks!

Link to WTT thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86704
Old 11-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #64
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
I'm derployed as well. Not sure when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #65
VanDorin91
Formula 5000 Driver

Hurry the hell up man! haha
Old 12-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #66
Jcap287
FIA GT Champion

Drives: candy white gti
Originally from Pittsburgh pa area living in Austin tx doing an IT program until June..thinking about moving close to some cousins in Charleston sc? What's the car scene like?
Old 12-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #67
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcap287 View Post
Originally from Pittsburgh pa area living in Austin tx doing an IT program until June..thinking about moving close to some cousins in Charleston sc? What's the car scene like?
Charleston has a decent car scene. The VW scene is pretty good also. There is some good money in that town so there are also plenty of high end cars.

For tuning options you have European Road and Racing (APR) and JK Automotive (Unitronic). I have been to both shops. Both guys are great and will be a wealth of knowledge. For facebook groups you have Charleston Dubs and Low Country Volkswagen Club.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:11 AM   #68
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

I don't care for the car local car shows. It seems you need airbags and nice wheels or just be popular to win awards.

I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #69
barnes93cb
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
I don't care for the car local car shows. It seems you need airbags and nice wheels or just be popular to win awards.

Thats the case for any euro themed car show. You need low, 3 piece wheels, and lots of fans. I dont care how nice your car is. If youre not part of the scene you will never win.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #70
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Thats the case for any euro themed car show. You need low, 3 piece wheels, and lots of fans. I dont care how nice your car is. If youre not part of the scene you will never win.
i had the golf with the most mods and a chic won an award with a stock tdi just cos she's popular and kinda runs the car club.

whatevs, so we should get some car meet planned.