GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-16-2019, 03:37 AM   #1
b-nez
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Unhappy P025C After Water Incursion

Got rained in. I didn't find the water under and in the rear seat for some time. Engine died while driving, codes P025C and P025A, which are related to the Fuel Pump Controller. I pulled the seat, and indeed found about 1/2" of water in the bottom of the controller recess. I got everything dried off - pulled the connector, and dried/wiped everything down. It drove fine for a day, including a traffic jam for over an hour. Later it died after a cold start and threw the P025C code again. I'm thinking of replacing the controller, but I'd hate to drop $120 on it, and still not have a working car. Anyone have any insight on these two codes? Is there any chance that the fuel pump itself is malfunctioning, or is it definitely the controller? One thing I did not do, is pull the entire plastic cover off to expose the fuel pump, as I wasn't sure at the time what's under there, and I thought it looked fairly water resistant. I'll probably check that out tomorrow to make sure water isn't sitting in the fuel pump connection. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by b-nez; 04-16-2019 at 03:38 AM. Reason: typo
b-nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
b-nez
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Well, I ordered a new fuel pump controller from Deutsche Auto Parts. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
b-nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water;p025c;cel;fuel