GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #8513
DASVDUB
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
I’m not ready for Tesla’s. Cool technology but I like having a roaring engine. Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|custom straight pipe catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|
Old 10-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #8514
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Drives: MK6 UG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I feel like there's a story behind the cougar in a bar at 23...

::::sits indian style::::
Yep definitely something there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Instagram
Old 10-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #8515
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
I’m not ready for Tesla’s. Cool technology but I like having a roaring engine. Iono

I really am not looking forward to silent cars.... I love the roar of an engine and making it louder, etc. I dont think I could drive around in something that goes hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Instagram
Old 10-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #8516
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I feel like there's a story behind the cougar in a bar at 23...

::::sits indian style::::
LOL

Not me.

But an old longtime friend and former roommate, when we were in our mid-20s, picked up his old 3rd or 4th grade teacher at Penny Road Pub one night and took her home.

He still talks about it to this day. "Man she rocked my fucking world."

It's doubly funny now tho since those of us who were there are now approaching, or in, our 40s.... and we gave him SO much shit for picking up an old broad at the bar.

I'll tell all you youngsters one thing. When you're 40, your brain doesn't FEEL any different than when you were 20...
Old 10-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #8517
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGLH View Post
I'll grant some leniency towards "not real Porsches" if you're talking Cayenne, and to at least a degree, the Macan.

The Pana drives like a 911. It's a 911 you can put 4 adults in. It's pretty spectacular. Trust me. I hated them too - until I drove one.

Kinda like being the 23 year old that thinks chicks in their 40s are old and ugly. Then you pick one up from the bar one night when you're shitfaced and she fucks you up so bad your mind is blown for a week.

Suddenly, you don't look at the 40 year old cougars in the bar the same way anymore

I'm the same way with Teslas, GT-R's, and anything Chrysler (Hellcat, Viper, etc.) I don't give a shit HOW fast it is. I still hate it, and I will always hate it. Because irrational.
Yep, couldnt agree with you more on GTRS..that car is so bland..not worth more than 40k imo.

Have a strong feeling im not going to car for the lastest supra thats going to be released...

bmw platform going to be hit or miss, will come down to price tag and aftermarket tuning for supras.

Quote:
LOL

Not me.

But an old longtime friend and former roommate, when we were in our mid-20s, picked up his old 3rd or 4th grade teacher at Penny Road Pub one night and took her home.

He still talks about it to this day. "Man she rocked my fucking world."

It's doubly funny now tho since those of us who were there are now approaching, or in, our 40s.... and we gave him SO much shit for picking up an old broad at the bar.

I'll tell all you youngsters one thing. When you're 40, your brain doesn't FEEL any different than when you were 20...
So hooking up with a cougar is like driving an older car...rough around the edges but more refined experience. 10/10

Is "your friend" married now living out in west suburbs huntleyish area ?
Old 10-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #8518
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
Yep, couldnt agree with you more on GTRS..that car is so bland..not worth more than 40k imo.

Have a strong feeling im not going to car for the lastest supra thats going to be released...

bmw platform going to be hit or miss, will come down to price tag and aftermarket tuning for supras.
I don't like any of the modern supercars.

Dare I say, even the modern P-cars are getting numb and have too many nannies.

But none of the Japanese supercar attempts were ever as raw or special feeling as the Germans from the era.

The only one that came close was the FD RX7.

The Supra was a boat. A fast boat, but a boat. 3KGT/Stealth.. lol. The 300ZX was a cool timeless car but not on the level of the others.

Quote:
So hooking up with a cougar is like driving an older car...rough around the edges but more refined experience. 10/10

Is "your friend" married now living out in west suburbs huntleyish area ?
He eventually married a Hooters girl that was 10 years younger... then got divorced... and is now dating someone much more close in age to him.

He's in the Huntleyish area tho.... LITH.

Not me, if that's what you were going for.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #8519
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
"In stock" doesn't mean in stock and ready to ship. Not ecs either.

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
Old 10-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #8520
Cadubya
“DUBYA” VP COUCH MOD

Drives: 2011 BT VP COUCH MACHINE
I love P-cars, but I’ll probably never own one. The rational side of me just won’t allow it. New cars are dumb financially and used P-cars are even dumberer. New cars have kinda jumped the shark for me. All the electrickery has taken the soul out of driving. Yes, today’s cars are faster, but not necessarily more fun or satisfying. I love my GTI, but my e30 was my favorite “driving” car I ever owned. Wish I still had it. May have to get another one eventually.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #8521
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
I love P-cars, but I’ll probably never own one. The rational side of me just won’t allow it. New cars are dumb financially and used P-cars are even dumberer. New cars have kinda jumped the shark for me. All the electrickery has taken the soul out of driving. Yes, today’s cars are faster, but not necessarily more fun or satisfying. I love my GTI, but my e30 was my favorite “driving” car I ever owned. Wish I still had it. May have to get another one eventually.
Yep. Couldn't agree more on the E30 account. I miss mine so much. I liked it alot more than my gti. And like you said, it's a good car, but the e30 is better. I'm planning on getting a 325i, keeping the m20 and then turboing it. Most likely a similar build to KA Motors build.

Instagram

Last edited by dustbunny227; 10-17-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #8522
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Nissan JUKE GTR NISMO SPEC V TYPE R
Quote:
I don't like any of the modern supercars.

Dare I say, even the modern P-cars are getting numb and have too many nannies.
But none of the Japanese supercar attempts were ever as raw or special feeling as the Germans from the era.
The only one that came close was the FD RX7.
The Supra was a boat. A fast boat, but a boat. 3KGT/Stealth.. lol. The 300ZX was a cool timeless car but not on the level of the others.

He eventually married a Hooters girl that was 10 years younger... then got divorced... and is now dating someone much more close in age to him.

He's in the Huntleyish area tho.... LITH.

Not me, if that's what you were going for.
I hear the twin peaks girls are more refined.

The supra was a great value until the car scene amped up the prices to ridiculous levels. Same goes for Type R's , Vr4s etc.

So many awesome 90s cars. 300zx TT. eclipse gsx etc

I dont recall many rx7s on the road even in their prime, low production numbers maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
"In stock" doesn't mean in stock and ready to ship. Not ecs either.
What happened? You want to talk about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny227 View Post
Yep. Couldn't agree more on the E30 account. I miss mine so much. I liked it alot more than my gti. And like you said, it's a good car, but the e30 is better. I'm planning on getting a 325i, keeping the m20 and then turboing it.

Nostalgia , the E30 was crap or youd still be driving it. Same reason people who have garage sales value their shit waay more than what its worth. We dont want your used books for $5 each ..its worth a quarter.

Tune your GTI and do some supporting mods, you wont miss e30 tbh
Old 10-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #8523
dustbunny227
FIA GT Champion

Quote:

The supra was a great value until the car scene amped up the prices to ridiculous levels. Same goes for Type R's , Vr4s etc.

I dont recall many rx7s on the road even in their prime, low production numbers maybe.

What happened? You want to talk about it?

Nostalgia , the E30 was crap or youd still be driving it. Same reason people who have garage sales value their shit waay more than what its worth. We dont want your used books for $5 each ..its worth a quarter.

Tune your GTI and do some supporting mods, you wont miss e30 tbh
Mine had a lot of issues yes, but I had a blast driving it every single time I did. I also miss RWD If the Supra comes in at a decent price and manual, and mod friendly then I am getting it.
Instagram
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #8524
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
The E30 is excellent. Great feel, lightweight, and definitely the best visibility I've ever experienced in a car.

I think the trick, P-cars too, is to find something that was pre-nanny, pre-computer.

Once you start to get into the 986/996 and later cars, you start to lose some of the soul... a little more with each generation.

Quote:

I don't think the FD's sold well. Probably didn't help that they were only 255hp when all the others were 300-320. Even tho the FD was lighter and had performance on-par... that day and age was all about the number.

A clean Supra was always expensive. You could find rats for cheap money but it was a rat.

Quote:
Disagree. Sometimes you don't realize what you had until you don't have it anymore.

I loved my 944 Turbo but wanted something newer, that performed better.

I regret selling that car today. The new cars, while cool, fast, with way more tech and convenience... are just not what the 944 was.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #8525
OmniGLH
Formula 3000 Champion

8-second 991.2 Turbo S anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXAX6rIGXnw
Old 10-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #8526
Phur
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I saw this at a used car dealership on the way home this morning.

I bet that thing would be a blast to drive.

Closed Thread

Tags
#assman, boosted - vagking of chi, boosted = cole, boosted = f1 driver, boosted beat a 224hp wrx, boosted beat tanner foust, boosted cares., boosted eats yellow snow, boosted hired craig, boosted is a bully, boosted is a terrorist, boosted is a troll, boosted is in a bad mood, boosted is not a troll, boosted is very rich, boosted lives in elgin, boosted lives matter, boosted tags only, boosted watches doges, boosted yeah, boosted&redrocket=love, boostedban, free my ninja boosted, its not your fault, tuna groped me in pre-k